Dam my amp keeps cuting out can any one help??

Username: Jesusstang

Texas

Post Number: 2
ok here is the deal i just recently wired a syatem on my car and my system sounds good whin my car is at a full stop but when i start to accelarate it cuts out and the amp light goes from green to red. does any one know what is the cause of it?

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 298
Make sure the ground in less than 18 inches long and has good contact to the metal. What size fuse is in the amp? What gauge size power do you have to the amp? If it work not running the car something has to be lose.

Texas

Post Number: 3
i got a 30 and a 20 size fuse in the amp and the gauge size is a standared size not a very big wire. where do u recomend i attach ther ground. in case it is that.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 302
Most amps have the same size fuse in them. If you have 50 amps of fuses and they are what should be in the amp. You need 6 or 4 gauge power wire from the battery to the amp. Also put a 50 amp fuse at the battery. The ground can go to any metal on the car. Also the ground needs to be the same size as the hot wire.

Texas

Post Number: 4
hay tanx 4 the advice i really apreciat it that helped alot now i have to go try some bigger fuse

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 476
Don't go replacing fuses in your amp. You have to replace the fuses with whatever rating the fuses are supposed to be, not whatever you feel like trying. It should tell you in your owners manual or even on the amp next to the fuse holders.
For the ground, find a place with metal right near your amp. The ground should be 18 inches or less in length.

Texas

Post Number: 5
what size fuze shuld be put at the battery right now i got a 30 and i got a 2000wat amp what would be good for that

david eric
Unregistered guest
get a glass fuse 80amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us