Another remote lead!

Username: Dougiebaeb2003

Post Number: 1
Hi. First timer here!

I have just bought brand new Kenwood front door spkers, 6x9's and 2 subs.

I now only have enough money for either a head unit or amp. Now im stuck because I want my subs working and I can put up with my headunit for a bit longer but it has no remote lead. It does have a pre-out. The head unit is the basic factory phillps cassette thingy and im wondering if I bought my amp would I have just wasted my money because I need a new head unit as well.

If it turns out I need a new head unit then I will have to wait for my subs.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Doug.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 293
Any amp you get can only reproduce what comes from the head unit. A good sounding signal from the head is needed first. If you like how your head unit sounds at ½ volume then an amp will increase that louder. If you have the subs I would try the amp now. For the remote you can put a switch in the dash to turn the amp on and off.

Bronze Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 25
just hook the remote wire to any 12 volt source in your car like the cigarette lighter and it will turn on when you turn your car on.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 295
That is a good way to hook it up also. Only you can't play the head unit without the amp on. I like the switch, this way when you have people in the car riding you can have some tunes without being loud and shaking the car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us