HIFONICS OR ORION CLASS D AMPS?????

ME AGAIN!
Unregistered guest
Hey i just wanted your input on this. I have been looking at some amps on ebay and i was wondering what amp would you choose to push 2 kicker L7 12" Hifonics Brutus 1200 Class D or Orion 1200 Class D 'E' Series?? Thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 257
oh deff orion, they have better quality. hifonics tends to be more powerful, but cheaper quality amps. but make sure the orion amp is compatible with your subwoofer ohm load, orion tends to be 1 or 2 ohm stable.

ME AGAIN
Unregistered guest
What do you mean by this "hifonics tends to be more powerful, but cheaper quality amps"

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
hifonics produces very powerful amps, but the quaility is marginal. i would only get a hifonics if i needed 1500w rms, but no sub needs that. your subs can handle a good amount of power, if your not too picky with sound i would go with the hifonics (dont get me wrong they make good stuff, just not as good as orion). if you really want sq, i would deff. get the orion.

ME AGAIN
Unregistered guest
OK so sound quality with the Hifonics is like what? have you heard it before? describe the sound quality if you can. Im looking for hard hittin deep bass sound. do you know if it runs hot quick.

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
well if thats what your goin for i would get the hifonics. youll be heard. a friend of mine has a hifonics and it seems to stay cool. u should be set for some extreme bass esp with 2 kickers, wow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us