Sound when the car is running

Bronze Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 74
hi keep hearing a noise that goes like "fiuuuu" from the speakers when the car is runnin and it increase and decrease if i speed up or slow down....what could it be?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 476
RCA cable running too close to power wire? Maybe a bad ground? Check this out:http://electronixwarehouse.com/education/accessories/aboutnoise.htm

It shows good methods for getting rid of noise. I hope it helps.

Username: Benchwarmer22

Post Number: 2
Some cars have more engine noise comming from their speakers than others. I was told that since my car is an old Dodge/Chrystler that it would have a lot of engine noise. The key for me was switching to the RCA cords from the HU to the amp that were twisted inside the insulation, on the cord of mine it says High Definition or something like that. But that solved my problem with the engine noise.

Ironbytes
Unregistered guest
I feel your pain I had the same problem and it's really annoying. I had to rerun all of my RCA's

Anonymous

Had that once happening to my tiny corolla when I installed it but now a friend of mine ripped everything apart and started from scratch.
He had the power cables running along the left side of the car, RCA interconnect cables running in the middle and speaker cables along the left and hey presto!!, all the "fiiuuu" noise is gone. I'm a happy larry now.
Pays to use good cables too but need not overy priced. Streetwires Zero Noise RCA's, Monster 14G speaker cables, Stinger 10G Subwoofer Cables & Stinger Power Cables. That was my stuff.
Hope that helps.

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 127
Thanks a lot! Actually i got my 0 gauge runnin with the RCAs in the same side so maybe i should try to separete them at first. Then if i still have that sound imma try to change the brand of the wires, thanks

Anonymous

I hope that will solve ya problems. Remember if they (RCA's, power cables & speaker cables) do meet, cross them at right angles (perpendicular) to each other NEVER bundle them & run em together. ok?
Happy thumping dude
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us