RCA cables?

Username: Guitarrc6

San jose, Ca

Post Number: 2
haha ok this sounds kinda retarted, but i'm trying to help my brothers hook up an amp and subs (i have no idea where they got them but more than likely they are pos. anyways the amp does not have high frequency outputs, and the deck that they have is stock, so it doesn't have any RCA outputs. Is there a way i can splice the RCA cables to the rear speaker wires to get a signal?? I'm jsut trying to get this thing to work,and don't really care how it sounds as long as its decent.

Also a quick question on gain? is there a rule of thumb that it should be set at?? I just crank it up until i hear distortion, then back off a bit, and leave it there. Is this cool or should i be doing anything else?

thanks in advance for any questions answered.

Bronze Member
Username: Qup2cit

Australia

Post Number: 19
not really, any attempt to do that would result in crap sound quality if at all anything. it would be best to just buy a cheap aftermarket head unit that has rca plugs if your not too worried about sound quality you wont have to spend much to get one.

as far as gain goes there isnt really a set rule for gain. your right about turning it up until you hear distortion that is the max u want to set your gain anywhere below that is just a personal choice about how much bass you want out of a sub. if you were matching a sub up with say like stock speakers u wouldnt set the gain too high because you probably wont hear the speakers too well. but thats about it its all about how loud u want the sub really.

Username: Guitarrc6

San jose, Ca

Post Number: 3
there isn't an adapeter to change the highfrequency to the RCA input? i just don't feel like ripping out the dash to put in a new head unit. If theres an easy way to get around it i'd probably go with that.

btw thanks for the answer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us