High Power Amp???

Username: 2loud4u

Boca Raton, FL U.S

Post Number: 9
Hey I am looking for a very high power amp to run my 2 solo x 12inch subs. I have looked at hifonics, U.S amps and others. I need a professionals oppinion on what amp I should get to run these monsters. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
you should post more information about the subs. What brand are they?
watts rms? / watts max?
how much money do you want to spend?
what ohm are your speakers running at? 2 ohm, 4 ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1961
More than likely you're going to need 2 amps to push each. You could go with some Orion 2500D's, Hifonics makes like a 2000 watt amp you could go with, or Rockfords T20001BD, or T30001BD... The RF's are my favorites.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Delicious

Yukon, Ok USA

Post Number: 12
if i were you i would just keep the same brand and use the kicker 2500.1 on each sub that would sound really really loud but sound quality out the a$s

btw andy is weird b/c he has never heard of kicker solo x's i can understand the 1ohm or 2ohm but how many watts he must be on crack or somethin

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1965
sq? I wouldn't plan on getting much sq out of them, just like the regular solo's... not good sq, but spl. Thats all they really are is spl subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 45
if your set on running one amp, you could go with hifonics xx goliath, soundstream xxx6500d, zapco c2k4kw or earthquake phd10000w, etc.... there's a good size list of 3kw+amps

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 67
In dbdrag the zapco 9.0 (in street class) is .7-.9 db louder than the kicker 2500. Go with 2 zapco c2k 9.0's, one per sub and call it a day.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us