Sony amp question (noob) PICS!!

Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 1
My whole system got jacked (sept for speakers) and I got a ticket for running a stop sign so my funds are sorta limited.....which is why i bought a
Sony XM-404EQX amp for $10

My questions are
1. I know that this would be a good amp to bridge and just use on front/rear speakers, but I would like to use it to power a sub (probably a 10 inch rockford fosgate or infinity both about 300W RMS)...can I use this amp (bridged of course) to power one of those subs??

SPECS OF THE AMP
4/3/2 CH amp @ 40Wx4 chanels

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/prankstar008/DSC01409.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/prankstar008/DSC01405.jpg

Unregistered guest
Personally, I wouldn't do that-but I am also a noob. It would be best to run your mids and highs off that sony amp and buy another amp to power your sub(s).

but wait until some1 that knows what they are talking about posts here.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 700
No it isn't enough to properly push a sub. I would bridge it and run some front speakers, and get a class d when you get a chance for your sub.

Anonymous

Is that amp sitting on a calculus book? I congratulate you on your homework procrastination!!

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 5
yea...i was supposed to be studying for finals. THe book was open in case my mom walked in. I really dont have the money to use this amp to power 2 speakres...cause then id need to buy another one to amp the rear....and only using 40w per chanel to amp 4 speakers is out of the question....does anyone want to buy this then....$65 plus shipping???...or perhaps trade for a halfway decent mono amp???

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 419
I'll trade you a piece of beef jerky for it...that's honestly all it's worth. Actually, if you're limited on funds, and you REALLY want to run your subs, sell that amp and look into an Audiobahn A8000T. Cheap and good amp. I've seen them as low as $115 on Ebay.

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 7
what kind of beef jerkey....and although i said i paid $10 for it, ialso built the kid a computer and hooked him up with parts. I paid about $65 if you include parts and labor. I've never been a big audiobahn fan, but Im oepn to anything right now and i'll take a look...thanks a lot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us