Look at my system, it's an actual PICTURE!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 409
THERE IT IS IN ALL IT'S GLORY. You can't see the door speakers obviously!Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
Can someone suggest a way of getting three of those red bad boys back there?

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 36
Those subs actually look nice for cheap subs. But hey i bet you it hits hard. the only way to get another sub in there is to get a box that carries 3 subs. or you could buy a single box and put it on the side but it wont look as good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
See, I've found a triple enclosure that will fit, BUT I would need to mount the outer subs inverted (magnet out) and the middle one normally. Is mounting them invertedly just the same as mounting them normally, only backwards? It would also be a sealed enclosure, is that a problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 37
I dont know TB . i always wanted to do that too but i didnt wawnt to risk it and have something happen to my subs But i have a ported box so i dont know. TB do you think that audibahn puts out the true 800rms watts. could you feel the vibrations i just wanted to know.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3201
TB, you made one big mistake. You've installed the amp on the sub box. Not a wise decision. Remove it asap and mount it somewhere else.
The vibrations from the subs will actually damage the amp's internal components. It's not a lie/made up story. It really happens.

Username: Panocha

Post Number: 4
i dont know cause i had my amp for at least 4 years on the top of the box and it still hits hard and nothing has happened to it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
Ok, Isaac, I read the instruction manual, and it says it HAS TO BE MOUNTED LIKE THAT! What do I do? I dont' want to drill holes in my car! Where else can I safely mount it? Lil Chris, I have not bench tested that amp, but I certainly feel the vibrations. It rattles EVERY mirror, including the rear view, which when facing straight up, will fall and face straight down. It doesn't fall off, but the mirror part will fall to face straight down. Isaac, I'm looking to get a multi channel amp for the same car, I know I need a new alt, but I'll need to mount that amp the same way? What do I do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3202
TB, take a look at the back of the rear seats. You have enough space there for the amp. Find a board that's an 1-2 inches smaller than the rear seat. Then you screw the board onto it.
That should give you plenty of room for an amp plus accessories like power distribution block/fuse/cap etc.
Since you have 2 seats, you can do the same for the other one. Now you have room for multi amps.
I think you either misread the manual or missed the part about sub boxes. Not a good combo.
I know the manuals will tell you to install the amp horizontally, but it can be mounted side ways or virtically.
If you don't want to use the back of the rear seats, then build something similar on the sides of the trunk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
OK Isaac, what about inverting the subs for a triple sealed enclosure? Is that ok to do?

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
Lol, who liks my "play around" home stereo? I included a picture of the MTX speakers, as they can not be seen in the full view pics.Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3203
TB I wouldn't invert it. It'll look ugly and be exposed to damage from surroundings. 3 subs will require an amp that can handle the low ohm load. Not too many amps can do that. JL and Orion HCCA come to mind.
Are you after SQ or SPL?

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
Both if possible, but more SPL I think.

Silver Member

Post Number: 416
If I wire my A8000T in parallel-series, that's 800RMS divided into three speakers...so about 270RMS per speaker. The RMS on my subs is 500. I dunno, is that really terrible? And, Isaac, didn't you say the A8000T went down to 1 ohm?

Silver Member

Post Number: 417
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5779608503&category=18797 &sspagename=rvi:1:2v_home
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5779007936 %26%26
Ok, Isaac, are those amps any good? I can't see myself spending more than that on an amp, sorry. But seriously, I've heard you use those names before, so I figured they would be ok. Are they? And will they handle 3 500W RMS subs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3204
TB, A8000T is 2ohms stable, not 1ohm. Between those 2 amps, Orion is better.
The only way it'll work in your situation is, if you had 3 2ohms DVC subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 418
So, I should get the PPI then? Or the Orion? lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
Ok, if I get another sub that will leave me with 3 4 ohm DVC subs. I can wire these subs in parallel-series according to crutchfield to give me an ohm load of 1.34 ohms. Will the A8000T run that? Does that count as 1 or 2 ohms?

Unregistered guest
If i was you i would avoid PPI. their stuff has went to junk lately. Orion is pretty good stuff most of the time. only other amp i can think of that can push a lot of juice at under 2 ohm is NMatts or JL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
Where can I get NMatts?

Silver Member

Post Number: 422
How about a good Hifonics amp? One of their "gods" series like the Brutus or something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D7978108430& category=38638
That's just about perfect. 1500RMS at 1 ohm. That's the exact RMS for all of my subs then. It's at a good price too. If I could just sell my A8000T. I think my friend may want to buy it, but I'm gonna wait til I get new HU, enclosure, and sub. No sense in not having amp and two subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
Wait a minute, I see a problem. That amp has two channels. How could I wire my subs to it, and get the 1 ohm? Why the heck do they put 2 FREAKING CHANNELS ON A MONO AMP!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3205
The link doesn't work. If it's a mono amp with 2 pair of connectors, they're the same. Lot of the manufacturers know that most people will have 2 or more subs, so that is why you get 2 connectors.

Silver Member

Post Number: 425
So, about that 1.34 ohms, will the A8000T work with that? See, I'm sort of lacking a job, and the car is still techincally my mom's so she flips out when I buy something and then buy something better a few months later...hehehe. So will the A8000T work...for now?

Silver Member

Post Number: 426
Oh yea, for me to be able to move my amp, I'm going to have to be able to remove the speaker wires. How do I go about doing that? It looks like there is some sort of screw at the top to loosen?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3208
A8000T will not handle anything less than 2ohms. You either need to get 4 or stay with 2.
You can remove the speaker wires on the amp by using a hex key. It should've come with the amp. If not you can pick one up at any hardware store for $5.
I'm surprised your mom even let you install anything in the car. Most females hate to lose "trunk" space.

Anonymous

if you wire three dvc 4 ohm speakers in a series\parallel you will get a 2.67ohm load so that amp will work.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 169
he got the volfenhags u should putt them in a ported/vented box way louder u will be surprized what they sound like in it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3211
Anonymous, if you're just after ohms, then yes you can turn 3 4ohm DVCs to work. But your goal should be towards 3 identical ohm load for the subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 427
Um, wouldn't the 2.67 be the same for each sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3214
You're talking about "total" resistance. In sub application, you would want to have 3 identical ohms/setup. Mixing 2 8ohms with 2ohms is not recommended.

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
So, I can't run three subs to my A8000T? I don't think I'm gonna be able to get another amp for a LONG while lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
BUmp

TIP
Unregistered guest
What kind of car you have? that better not be VW beetle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 449
No, it's a 2002 Mercury Cougar!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3223
TB, if you turn each sub into 8ohm load then connect them all in parallel, you should get 2.6ohms. Then it'll work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 452
Ok! That's what I'll do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us