Amp Trouble!

Username: Bobbarker241

New britain, Ct United states

Post Number: 8
I recently aquired a Kicker KX700.5. Because I only wanted to power one sub with the amp, I hooked up the high level input to an existing speaker on the car. After doing so, the amp never powered up with the radio. Should I assume the amp is fried? Im pretty sure that the power wires are correctly wired. Do I need to wire a turn on wire to the head unit? I didnt get any instructions with the amp, and Im completely new at this. How do I test the amp to see if it works? Any help is greatly apreciated! thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 15
you need to connect the remote turn on wire it should be blue

Post Number: 9
Theres no blue wire. Does anyone know what color the remote turn on wire is for a 2001 ford focus?

Bronze Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 17
do you have an after market cd player?
if not just splice the remote turn on wire in to any 12 volt wire that turns on when your car turns on. Like you cigaret lighter.

Post Number: 10
Well the cigaret lighter stays on constantly even when the car is shut off. Any other ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 178
try a red wire....find any red wires and try those...but first test it with a DMM and make sure it supplies 12v, if it doesnt have 12v, then it might jsut be speaker wire

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Can I just take the 12v power wire from the battery and connect it tempararily to the rem on the amp just to see if it powers up?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us