Ok help me out here

Bronze Member
Username: Tatortot324

Post Number: 14
Ok today i believe i wired my subwoofers parallel i opened up my box and wired 1 of the terminals the whole terminal positive + and the other terminal negative - and wired the + terminal to both of my subs then i wired the negative terminal to both of my subs. Then i took my amp and put both positives in both the black and red terminal on the positive terminal side and then wired the negative wires to the negative terminal side and i also used a small wire on both terminals and put just a connector wire to both the red and black terminals on the postive side and a small connector wire to both red and black terminals on the negative side. Then i bridged my amp. I was told this would bring it down to about 1.5 ohms and bridging it should bring it down to .75 ohms but i really didnt see any change i think it may hit a little bit harder but the main bass doesnt hit as hard as it did. Did i do this correctly?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I have 2 audiobahn alum12q 1000 watts rms and i have a boss pd3000 amp

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 251
What ohms are the subs and are they dvc or svc?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
umm the subs are 6 ohms and Dual voice coil

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3105
Whoa Eric, your post is very confusing. If you're saying your subs are 6ohms DVC, then each sub can be dropped to 3ohms. Those 2 in parallel will then give you 1.5ohms.
As you know, to connect subs in parallel, you have to start with the individual subs. On a DVC sub, you will see 2 sets of pos and neg connectors. Wire the pos to pos and neg to neg. Now do the same for the 2nd sub.
If you take the pos from sub one and connect it to pos on 2nd sub, the same for neg, you will get 1.5ohm load.
You then take the pos and neg and hook it up to the amp. If your amp is a mono with 2 sets of output connectors, then instead of connecting the pos and neg to the 2nd sub, you can go directly to the amp. The 2 pairs of connectors on the amp are the same, so it will have the same result as above setup.
If this sounds confusing, go to RF's or Audiobahn's website for wiring diagram.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Ok this is what i did to try and make it less confusing on my box theres 2 terminals lets label the left one A and the right one B each terminal has a red and black so positive and negative i made 1 whole terminal positive and 1 whole terminal negative. Do i have to use a small wire and connect both subs together 1 for positive and 1 for negative?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3109
If your subs are DVC, you will have to look inside the box itself. Once it's opened, you will notice 2 pairs of pos and neg connectors at the back of the subs. Make sure the pos and negs from one terminal is connected to pos and neg on the other. Then you take the combined pos and neg to the "A" speaker terminals. Do the same for the 2nd sub.
That should give each terminal 3ohms total resistence. Now if you combined them, pos to pos and neg to neg, you'll get 1.5ohms.
Or if your amp is a mono with 2 pair of connectors, then hook each sub to separate pos and neg. That will have the same result.
If you have DMM, then use it to double check.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok i changed what i did. I took a wire and connected the positive Terminal on the subwoofer to the positive terminal on the otherside of the subwoofer and so on for the negative to each one so there was 2 wires pos and neg on each subwoofer. Then i wired the right side of the terminal box and made that positive and i made the left side negative. So on the right side theres 2 wires and i connected them to each positive terminal on each one of the subs then the left side i connected those 2 wires to the negative terminals on the subwoofer. Then i bridged my amp and connected the Positives to the positives and negative wires to the negative terminal. Did i do this right b/c it doesnt seem any different. And i have a 2 channel amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
any ideas if i did this right? if not what should i do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3127
Hey Eric, I can't find any manual on your amp. It says it's bridgeable yet they don't offer any info. Try this for a change.
Connect each sub to it's own separate channel. That should give 700w per sub for 1400w total.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
how would i do that i have a Positive and a negative on the back of the amp then a positive and a negative for bridging how would i connect each sub to its own separate channel?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3129
It's a 2 channel amp, so it should have 2 pair of pos and neg speaker connectors. So hook each sub to the channels.
If you have a camera, take a picture of the connectors and then post it here.

Username: Acura9688

Louisville, Ky U.S

Post Number: 2
Hay does anyone know how many ohms in an amp i need to get for a two 12 inch W6's??????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Is there anything i can do to make the performance of my amp better? Becuz its suppose to put out 3000 watts and tehres no way im getting close to 3000 watts and its lame what should i do? i have a boss pd3000 amp and 2 audiobahn alum12q subwoofer 2000 watts max and 1000 rms. What can i do otherwise if theres nothing to make it hit harder then what other kind of amp should i get?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Also could it not be hitting as hard becuz i dont have a powerful battery and alternator? If i get an optima battery i should be fine shouldnt I? and will that increase the power and make it hit harder?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us