Hey isaac!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 28
I need some new subs im tired of my old ones i was thinkin of getting two RF P3's but i havent heard them only the P1's but do you think that those subs would hit
or what other subs do you reccomend i have an Mtx 940 watt 2 channel amp And i already have a ported box for 2 12's. i hear people talking about rexxx or something like that.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3065
If you're looking for SPL, RE's X.X.X. model will do nicely. It's a bit expensive, but worth the price.
I like the JL's 10w7-3 sub. James likes his Avalanche, and others prefer ID Max. It's best to listen in person cause what sounds good to one may not suit another.
BTW, how do you have a box already? Different subs/brands may require custom box.
You can have the best sub in the world, but without a proper box, it'll sound as bad as Pyramid and Sony.
Get a ported box for louder bass response.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 29
I have a ported box from were two rf P1 came already in its box i dont know where it's tuned to. but it used to hit pretty good. these subs where in my fiances car but then i took em out cuz she messed up her motor. so i had them in one of my other cars and they hit but theyre only 150rms each. i want something more like 400rms or 500rms each. that's why i had asked if the rfp3's were any good. but yeah im looking for spl im not looking to spend more than $400. it dosent have to be some subs that are expensive but some that have a good brand.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3073
Here's some subs for your current setup:

ROCKFORD FOSGATE P312D2 12" $116 (Item number: 5777340747)
ALPINE SWR-1242D $140

The subs below can be mounted in a single ported box.
MTX Thunder 9500 is around $300.
memphis 12-m3 mojo $300-$375.
MMATS PRO AUDIO DREADNAUT 12" $359
CERWIN VEGA STROKER12 $340

Bronze Member

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 30
hey isaac im either gonna go with the alpines or the p3's
the alpines look cool as hell. And that mtx looks mean as hellif only it was 500rms and looked like thati would get two of them i would get the mtx but i dont want a big hole from where the other subwoofer has to go. and i dont wanna cut the box in half. but the alpines look nice too. how much db you think ill will hit with the alpines. and what about the mtx.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3078
Well the Alpine SWR and RF P3 should be better than the one you have. If not, then you can always get a better designed box.
Once you have good pair of subs, the amount of db you get out will depend on box design and material.
If you don't want to spend lot of money and labour, stick to Alpine or P3. They should fit your current box without any problem.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 31
Thanks alot isaac im going to go with the alpines they look better and alot of people seem to be happy with alpines. oh one more more question what is a epicenter some guy at a local shop told me that it would add more bass to my subs and it will make them sound clearer should i get one for my set up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3089
Are you talking about EPICENTER Bass Maximizer? That is not a bad unit, but I wouldn't waste my money on anything that creates artificial bass. If you get low bass out of songs that never had it in the first place, what exactly are you listening to?
If you want bass control, invest on a good parametric equalizer.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1351
Yeah and improper use of an epicenter can lead to some pretty interesting mechanical damage to your subs, i.e. blown out surrounds, separated cone/formers, separated spiders/formers or strange combinations of all three.

With certain tracks/settings I've heard of ungodly cone excursions way beyond the mechanical limits of many drivers. Epicenters can get things mucho loud albeit "non-musical" until there's some sort of catastrophic failure of course.

:-)

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 32
yeah it is that, i mostly listen to rap if that's what you meant by what im listening to? But I dont think im gonna need it. 900 watts is gonna be more than enough. those alpines would hit without the epicenter. I already have a kenwood electronic crossover, i dont know if its the same thing as an equalizer. is it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us