_/_/_/_Refurbished_\_\_\_

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 130
I am looking at a Xtant A6001T mono amp. I can get it for a pretty good price, around 150-175. But the only problem is that it's refurbished, and it comes with like a 14 day warranty. >>>>Would you trust it?<<<<

I have also heard that this amp is under rated. Is that true?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 336
Refurbished...I've had some refurbished products last a very long time and are still working to this day. The others all developed some trivial problem which was just enough to cause me to remove them from my car audio system. It's your decision, i'd say refurb is a 50/50 split of working great or failing.

Username: Kcufffo

Post Number: 9
Actually i have had great experiances with refurbs.Usually they are even better then new because upgraded internals are used.You cant go wrong if its a factory refurb especially for the price of them.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3159
You've been lucky then. That is not always the case. Sometimes the original parts are better designed than the replacement. Take PPI and Orion for example. After their buyout, the parts were no longer made in the States. Therefore, refurbs are not always better than new.
If you have a choice, stay away from refurbs and either get it new or used but in great condition products.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 171
I ended up buying a new A6001T on ebay for $200. So it ended up good, and I didn't have to mess around with a refurb.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us