I need some help

Username: 99ctlsowner

San diego, Ca

Post Number: 2
I have what claims to be a Kenwood KAC8401, but i googled it and can find nothing that looks like mine. Here are some pix..Upload
Upload
Upload
Now for my problem. It gets continuous power....or that's what i'm assuing the blue light means, but only puts out sound for a second then shuts off. Anyone have a clue what's wrong w/ my amp?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 134
what drivers/configuration (ohms) are you running?

San diego, Ca

Post Number: 4
i have no idea, it's just hooked up, how do i tell?

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 26
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-srYY8LzyBXo/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=613KAC8401

Thats a four channel amp you probably have it connected wrong. wha'ts the ohms of the speakers or subs you are running on it and how many watts.
I dont thik its a fake cause it looks the same.

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 27
as a matter of fact it is a fake cuz the one on crutchfield has the connectors way different and on the front yours has kac-8401 in black lrtters and the other one in yellow letters. and yours is 1000 watts max and the other one is 640 watts max. so either yours is fake or the other one is fake. where did you get it from?

San diego, Ca

Post Number: 5
i got it from a bud, it puts out plenty of power for me. it just started acting up recently, i haven't changed anything since i hooked it up in jan. i'm not fimiliar with all the terms like ohms, i dunno how to tell the ohms i'm on. the speakers say 900 watts max 4 each one. i have a 5 gauge wire comin strait back, 3 ft ground strap. the gain and those other nobs aren't turned up all the way cuz it sounds like a$$ like that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us