Best Amp for ID MAX 12 D4 v.3??

Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 30
im thinking zapco, arc, or tru. which model in these lines do you think would be the most ideal to run this sub or if you have any other suggestions that would be a big help. thanks.

i also want to use the same brand amp for my speakers, roughly 100 x 2 for front stage and probably like 50 x 2 for my rear midbass.

Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 31
i was kind of hoping the zapco ref500.1 would be good. the guy at zapco says it usually puts out about 480 rms. thanks for the comments.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 122
you are looking at a 1000W RMS sub. i would run at least that amount to gain the full poential of the driver.
zapco 1100.1 allday. 750.00 woofersetc.com
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=490&1=491&3=327

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 154
hey thats what i'm running. i just got a 12" idmax running with a zapco ref 1100. it is th shi!t. it was a 2 ohm sub so i wired it to give it a 4ohm so i ran it with 800 watts.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 127
hey vincent. are you running that sealed or ported? if it's ported (they are typically sealed), what is the output vs sq like to you?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3980
Around 750-800W RMS works well for that sub in a daily driver. 1000 won't hurt either, but really isn't necessary to get full potential sealed. Zapco 1100.1 is a great amp for that sub.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1330
I have a brand new Zapco 500m referance amp and its mono class AB. It can put out 538 x 1 @ 4 ohm or 700 x 1 @ 2 ohm and im thinking about getting a ID MAX 12 to match this amp.

Or i can always sell my Zapco 500m if i dont use it. Comes with the bass control and symbilink

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
i'm running it in a ported box tuned somewhere around 30-35 htz. i dont know the exact tune since the box came with it. i might get another box made for it. Hey Johnathan, what was the dimension of your box and what was the tune...? let me know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1332
Vincent this is what is recommended and what jonathan is using also.

(1.8 -- 2.50 cu.ft. vented @ 28Hz)

Silver Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 148
doesnt jonathan use a sealed box?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3987
Mine is sealed, around 1.2 cu ft stuffed with polyfill.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1340
I whould still go ported with that subwoofer. "ID MAX screams ported" according to jonathan from what i remember him saying.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
thats tru Mo, i've read that many times too. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 50
Hello MO, Vincent, and James, If I were using that subwoofer, I would go 2.2 at 27hz ported, with a 1000 watt amplifer and a ssf set at 20hz, with at least a 12db slope on the ssf. 2.2 cubic feet will have a nice balance between low frequency extension and minimal group delay.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1347
SOunds pretty accurate E. Once i get a ID MAX 12 i will let you know. Hey E where have you been lately ? I am always on aol AIM and never get you anymore. Let me know whats up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us