Fuse question

DUB
Unregistered guest
The amp that I am getting has 3 fuses adding up to 90amps, the amp kit that I want to get has a 75amp inline fuse, would it be alright to run it like this, or should the inline fuse be larger then the fuses on the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 158
the inline fuse should be equal to the fuses in the amp...if that's not possible then you should fuse the power line as close as possible without going over the fuses in the amp (so that fuse will blow before your amp)...I'm pretty sure I got that right...it's a little too early in the morning for me

DUB
Unregistered guest
What do you mean close as possible, so the inline fuse should be bigger then the fuses on the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 110
i had a 40 but blew it den i replaced it wit a 30 an blew it like 5 times so i used the big inline fuse kind an its a 60 an it works great an the fuse on the amp r 2 25s so 50

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1330
Use the 75 amper. If it blows go with a 100 amp jobby.

There's no reason why you can't go higher than what your amps have as long as your power wiring is sufficient. Inline fuses at the battery are there to protect your wiring and your ride, not your amplifiers.

-Fishy

DUB
Unregistered guest
Yeah becuase the amp kit that I am going to get has like a 60 amp fuse, and the amp has 90 amp, so that is alright to do then.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1331
A 60 amp fuse might be pushin it. It really depends on how hard you're running that amp. Is it a 4 gauge kit? I wouldn't go much higher than 60 with 8 gauge power wiring.

-Fishy

DUB
Unregistered guest
Hey Fishy, which one would be better the RF CP2POS, thats a 2 gauge kit and comes with a 100 amp inline fuse, or the RF CP4POS, the one I am talking about that comes with like a 60 amp inline fuse, I think I will get the CP2POS though.

DUB
Unregistered guest
Nevermind, I will get the CP4POS, its 4 gauge and comes with a 50 amp inline fuse, I'll just buy that amp kit because it costs less and I will just buy a 100 amp fuse for it.

DUB
Unregistered guest
Wait, the CP4POS says its 800 watts, that RMS right?

DUB
Unregistered guest
anybody?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us