Please help

Brian T.
Unregistered guest
i was going to post this in the multimedia thread but no one ever reads those so can you please help me out.
I was going to buy some screens for my car But it said warning do not supply more than 12 volts or it could damage the screen, And when the car is on dont you get like 14.5 volts so that means i could only watch them when the car is off and i turn the key back. and some indash screens say you could only watch them when the car is in park WTF? i wanna get them so my kids could watch them when we take long trips. What's the whole point on watching them when it's on park i might as well go inside and watch a movie.some one please help me out.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3160
you must be looking at the really cheap monitors I have seen them advertised for like $50 but it says do not supply more then 12 volts, whats that supposed to mean? I have a directed 10.4 in my wife's car and it is a absolute blessing to have when the kids just wont leave you alone(you know what I am talking about LOL)

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnyboy73

Houston, Tx U.s.

Post Number: 17
when they say that, they just mean dont pu tit on like crazy voltage like 20 volts or sometihng. they are all designed for cars with flucating voltage, and to be sold commercialy, they have to meet fcc requirments and they arnt gonna be sold if they will catch your car on fire or anything. as for the whole parking break thing. law says that you cannot have any video playing in view of the driver. the drop downs are installed behind the drivers head so they cant see them, but and indash is right there. i know how to bypass it on most screens, but it is illegal, so ill tell you if you'd like but dont blame me if you get caught

Brian T.
Unregistered guest
Okay thanks james and Jonathan, can you tell me how to bypass it screw the cops i have friends that have been pulled over and only got a warning cause it was their first time. but they say the ticket over here is 60 bucks.
but they paid an installer 80 bucks extra to make it work when its on drive. but id rather instal it myself.
Plus i have dark tinted windows i dont think youll be able to tell that much. but why do they sell indash screens if you cant watch them while it's on drive. what? are you going to park on the drive way and watch a movie when you can go inside with cold ac and watch a movie instead of being in the hot sun.lol

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us