What is the "speaker output circuit breaker" in a Soundstream USA 364 & should it reset automatically?

Bronze Member
Username: Adventdude

Post Number: 23
Greetings,

Just had my old Soundstream USA 364 installed in a new car (after working just fine in my old one) and, within a few days, the left side of the "channels 1-2" half went completely dead. The right side is just fine, as is the "channels 3-4" section.

Upon reviewing the manual, the "PROTECTION CIRCUITRY" section documents:

- Main power supply fuses.
- Speaker output circuit breakers.
- A fail-safe thermal protection circuit....

Tried calling Soundstream to get more information the "speaker output circuit breakers" and their behavior, but was not able to obtain a clear answer.

The amp was fine when I shut down and the channel stopped working immediately upon power up a few hours later (with the volume way down too). My suspicion is that a transient may have blown the "circuit breaker" for that channel when I shut down, but I have no idea as to whether it is a self-resetting mechanism, simply a fuse (that can be replaced), or perhaps something else. Most importantly, I'm hoping to find out if it is a self-resetting device or does something need to be replaced when it blows?

I've swapped out the inputs and outputs and have definitely isolated this one amp channel as being the only problem. Am hoping to gain a little more insight before I go through the process of having it ripped out and sending it out to California for repair.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot and take care,

Alan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us