Quick wiring question

Username: Cjb232s

Post Number: 1
I know questions like this get asked daily, but I just want to be sure....
I have an audiobahn aw1508q (http://mainstreet-caraudio.com/car/audiobahn/aw1508q.htm) and an AUDIOBAHN A8002T (http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/ABNA8002T). How do you guys recommend me wiring this up. I was thinking that the proper way would be to wire the sub in series and then bridge the amp??? Is this correct or no? Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated...

THanks,
Cory Biram

Bronze Member
Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 18
Yeah, that's correct. If that amp can run at 1 ohm I would run the voice coils in parallel. If that amp can only handle 2 or 4 ohms the only way is to hook the voice coils in series with the amp bridged.

Username: Cjb232s

Post Number: 2
The amp specifies that it can run:
800W x 1 RMS @ 4 ohms mono
Would I achieve this by wiring it in series (the sub) and bridging the amp?

theAnonymous1
Unregistered guest
Yup, you sure would. Or, you can just run one voice coil to each channel. I would go with the series bridge option though. If you run one coil per channel you can run into some "stereo" bass problems.

Unregistered guest
i have a jvc 2oo wt 4-ch deck,boss 800wt chaos4=ch amp,450 wt 4ohm speakers ,the promblem iit hits best with one ch hooked up but that only plays one spk,my amp is just for my sub what is the best way to hook them up?(wire them)

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 109
If your systems plays louder with only one sub, you might have wired one of the subs backwards, which would mean on is out-of-phase, which means that the subs are cancelling each other signals, or working against one another. Hook the subs up to the amplifier, one sub per channel, correctly, and see how it sounds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us