NEED advise PPL!

JOSE
Unregistered guest
Hey guys
i am planning to add subs and a amp to my current pioneer head unit. dont have that much money in hand, i was going through all sites and stuff and found lightning audio "fast and the furious" setup. i heard about Lightning audios capicators and stuff but never knew about this. its really cheap, its around $160 for 12" sub and amp in a sealed box. the other deal is dual 12" subs in box with amp.
the specs are:
Dual 12" woofers handle up to 750W peak, 150W RMS @ 4 ohms
Polypropylene cones with foam surrounds
1.5" four-layer copper voice coils
System includes a rugged sub box, pre-loaded with subwoofer drivers and a performance-matched amp
Amp delivers 700W peak @ 4 ohms; 250W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 2 ohms; 150W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
1-ohm stable power supply
40-130Hz variable crossover
Variable Juice Boost bass EQ (0-12dB)
Line- and speaker-level inputs
Remote level control

i dont want anything loud, just looking for decent stuff. also if guys could tell me what amp can go with single MTX-t610 sub?

Let me know if the LA-F&F is good enough to be decent? my budget is under $200.

thankyou

Bronze Member
Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 17
The MTX sub your talking about is a 250w rms sub @ 4 ohms SVC. If you got the MTX-T610 it comes with a enclosure right? IF it does I would suggest buying a MTX Thunder282 2-channel amp and some quality rcas and an amp wiring kit. The good thing about this amp is that if you want to expand your system later on you could run 4 4 ohm components on it and the rca output would making another amp install easy. I hope this helps.

theAnonymous1
Unregistered guest
LOL, their both garbage. But if I had to choose, I would go with the two subs and amp combo from Circuit City(which I'm sure is the one your talking about). Two 12s vs. one 12 on ruffly the same amount of power? I'd pick the two twelves.

Bronze Member
Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 21
I've dealt with lower end stuff also whenI first got into car audio. In my opinion its better to start off with cheap stuff that sounds okay than to wreck hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of equipment. With stuff thats cheaper the sound quality is lower along with the spl. I think it's better for someone to learn why something is better than something else than to just tell them in an arrogant way.

theAnonymous1
Unregistered guest
Oh, right on Tim. Thats why I got my arrogance out first, then gave an honest helpful opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1510
if you have a fixed amount of power, and you add a second sub, you'll increase SPL by +3dB.
not twice as loud by any means, but most definitely noticeable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us