Best Amp

Anonymous

What would be the best amp to push two kicker 10L5's

Bronze Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 79
Your gonna have to be more specific dog. You cant expect people to just know everything about your subs. Give details like... ohms of sub, SVC, DVC, RMS power handeling and what your budget is for an amp. I happen to know that those are 450 RMS subs. But what do you have, the Dual 2-ohm or dual 4-ohm version. Details man, details. It's important.

Anonymous

Sorry to forget about the details im pretty new to this but there the 4-ohm version and i got about 1000 to spend on a amp

allende5
Unregistered guest
Spend about $600 and change and get a JL Audio 1000/1 on eBay!

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 187
If you have $1000 bucks to spend on an AMP why are you only spending $80 on the sub?

Anonymous

The subs were a gift for my b-day now im jsut gettin around to hooking them up

allende5
Unregistered guest
Those Kicker subs are only $80!!

Man, with the change...get yourself some better subs!

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 46
that is not a bad sub at all. its more of an spl sub than sq, so it will hit hard, but not be quite as accurate. and those subs are 250.00 each retail. you can have those babies sounding lovely. also, i would not spend the entire 1000.00 on an amp as there is other equipment in car audio besides subs and amps. i agree that that jl would be 1 on my list:

jl 1000/1: 700.00
it's an efficient d class amp
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=314&1=315&3=1788

mbquart raa1000. you could power each sub with one amp (2amps) at 500watts a piece. 300.00/amp.
www.crutchfield.com/S-wYrbAR2blA3/cgi-bin/prodview.asp? i=049RAA1000&g=130&search=mb+quart&SearchDisplay=MB+Quart

rockford fosgate T10001bd 500.00
will give you the power at 1 ohm without running hot or taking power from your system http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=451&1=452&3=3232

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 47
sorry, here we go.
mb quarts on sale:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-U1ANLclqo0z/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=049RAA1000&g=130 &search=mb+quart&SearchDisplay=MB+Quart

Anonymous

Now the JL i can run that two two subs right?

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 140
get either a zapco ref 1100.1 or arc audio 1500 xxk.

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 52
the jl will run them great. the zapco is a great amp, but the fan is a bit loud and it is not class d. it is class a/b and will put a considerable strain on your charging system. and it runs about 1.00/watt (expensive).
woofersetc.com gives you 1-2yr warranty on all items. thats why i prefer it over ebay.

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 63
well, the zapco is the same price as the jl on woofersetc.com. didn't even know they sold them. i might have gone zapco instead of ss.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 443
Go Tru Tech ;)
Or US Amps.

Class A/B is better than class D for SQ, although yes, it is less efficient. Just upgrade your alt and you won't have to worry about it.

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 148
yeah but at full power the jl 1000/1 will draw almost as much as the zapco 1100.

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 71
w/an L5 i don't believe you'll be able to discern any difference in sq between an a/b and a class d amp. you could run a straight class A signal to them and you would just be dogging your charging system w/no variance.
the jl utilizes JL's patented R.I.P.S. technology (not an avg class d amp). It switches to an appropriate rail voltage and stays there. very clean power with plenty of tuning options. its the only class D amp i have seen consistantly in sq competition.
i agree, i prefer a/b over d any day b/c i don't have to consider the drain on my system (i almost went w/the 1100.1 myself). but if i did, i would run w/the jl (lack of originality aside).

Anonymous

i have one S15L7 kicker 15" sub 750rms 1500peak and i want to know what's the best kicker amp to drive this sub. my friend told me that this speaker require lots of power play so that's why i want to know the best kicker amp for this sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us