New system

87_air_05
Unregistered guest
I am looking into buying new subs and a new amp and was wondering what would be the loudest I could get for the money I have. I am looking to spend about 400 for subs and an amp.

87_air_05
Unregistered guest
anyone??

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 54
im tryin to find the same thing.....

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 88
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58035%26item%3D5773837368 %26 that for a POUNDING BASS and trust me you will feel it with 1 sub. for amps im not to sure on the quality you will get for your price but im sure this will do http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5774104719 %26 you will have to run it 2 ohms to push 700RMS watts to it. the sub is 1000watts RMS. you would have to wire it in 1 DVC driver with Voice Coils in Parallel which means you connect both positives on the sub run it to the positive on the amp and connect both negatives on the sub and run it to the negative on the amp so only 1 pos and 1 neg is running to the amp overall it will run you about 450

Anonymous

DON'T GET THOSE SQUARE SUBS... you'll love them for the first 2 years and then i hope you have enough money for new subs because those subs in the corners have stress points wich make them unreliable

87_air_05
Unregistered guest
I was thinking of getting 2 of the Kenwood KFC-W3009 and for an amp I was not really too sure but am looking for one that puts out 500-700 watts RMS @ 2 ohms. I was possibly thinking of a JBL GTO601.1 but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. or if those would be decent at all. I could get all this for about 380$.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
you wanted loudest for that price and I gave it to ya, and mr anonymous your a puts

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
and if you have enough money for them to begin with, im sure in 2 years youll have more then enough for more speakers duh...its called a job

Bronze Member
Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 38
Why replace speakers two years down the road when you can do it right the first time? Just doesn't make sense.

There are much better subwoofers for the money. And the amp choice really depends on your woofer selection.

87_air_05
Unregistered guest
Well does anyone on here have any ideas of any sub amp combos that are better for about the same amount of money??

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 225
Well Mr. Matthew, i agree with anonymous. Because he is right!!! They do have stress points, and alot of times, break and rip long before 2 yrs. So i wouldnt go with kicker, and alot of others wont neither. And not everyone wants to waste money EVERY 2 yrs....and its "putts" C0CK jockey!

Silver Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 226
The Atlas 12 is a AWESOME speaker from what i hear. Im even thinking about buying one. And right now, i beleive they are running for $200 or less. They are also good speakers because you dont need a humongous amp to push it to its max. You can find a good low wattage amp anywhere for around $200 maybe a tad more. But that should fit your budget!!!

Silver Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 230
I meant Avalanche 12

87_air_05
Unregistered guest
anyone else have any suggestions?

87_air_05
Unregistered guest
anyone else have any suggestions?

Khan1
Unregistered guest
What do you want out of your system Just loudness?

87_air_05
Unregistered guest
well i want it to be loud but i also would like it to sound good. I listen to mainly rap so i need something that would work well with that.

87_air_05
Unregistered guest
anyone have any suggestions of what would work good for me??

Bronze Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 49
you could get a alpine type R sub for 100 bucks on ebay and then an amp for like 200 or so like hifonics or possibly alpine, then you would have money left over to get the wires and an install

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2698
I wouldn't really recommend Alpine amps. A little on the expensive side, and they're nothing super special. With your budget look for an MTX amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us