800 watt fosgate

Username: Coby88

Post Number: 1
I have an older fosgate amp, 800 watt, peak 1000. Its a 2 channel amp and one of the channels isnt putting out power. Is this something that can be fixed by a tv vcr repair place, or should i send it all the way to fosgate to get repaired? What do you guys think about this amp? It just needs to push 3 jl 12w0's, Should be plenty right? Are the older fosgate amps better than the new best buy crap there selling? Thanks for any advice/help, and sorry for the dumb ?'s

Username: Coby88

Post Number: 2
Also, what about an audiobahn 600? Is this a better amp to use than the fosgate? Im thinking the audiobahn would probably be able to push the 12's since i think there rms is only about 150 right? Since the audiobahn says 600, is that rms? Would the fosgate work better, or no difference?

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 143
I personally have never had a problem with Audiobahn amps (own & have installed quite a few)...too bad I can't say the same for their subs & speakers!

Bronze Member
Username: Trunkbangin

Post Number: 43
that rockford fosgate amp is nice i have a rare punch 1100 mono d class and that is a hellafide amp and it will push the 12's with no problem but i would take it to the local car audio shop and see if they can fix it first before i send it off in fact e-mail rockford fosgate at there web site and they will hit you back in a day or two
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us