Capacitors

Username: Postman

Post Number: 1
I just purchased 2 JL W3-V2's, and a 600 watt, 2CH, Coustic amp. Do I need to buy a capacitor, and if so what would be good?

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1223
I'm not sure anyone ever "needs" a capacitor. I think that's money that might be better spent towards upgrading a more critical part of your system, like front components, better amp, or maybe even a couple new CD's.

:-)

That being said I do have one and it MAY have improved transient response with my old amp, but I can't really tell the difference with my new setup and kinda wished I'd applied the 150 bucks on more sound deadening or my recent h/u upgrade instead.

-Fishy

Teh chin huat
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me please what is the best capacitor for my tweeter in order to sound at its best as it nature way because sound of a saxophone sound like a tumpet!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2911
I think you need to clarify your question better. A capacitor doesn't perform a miracle with tweeters. If yours is not producing proper sound, you probably need an upgrade. What brand/model is it? Do you have passive crossover for it?

Teh chin huat
Unregistered guest
Thanks Isaac, actually I am new to all this and my knowledge is zero.What I am trying to say is why speakers don't sound truely as what the instrument as. 100 % ? The sound of a saxophone is totally different from trumpet but why the output sound is the same.I thought capacitor is the main cause but I don't know ya probably crossover do plays a role in a speaker system but to what limit ? Sound of a pin drops to the floor and how authentic the sound is ? I hope you can understand me and i am anxious to know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us