Emergency help!!!!!!!

Anonymous

i just bought a boss amp (ava 600 tr) it says 600 watt and stable at 2 ohms stereo. it is a 2 channel amp. it has it that you can bridge it. its old bought it for $20.00 of my boy. now since my 15" are 350 nominal and are 4 ohm each. Can i bridge the spaeakers which are 4 ohms and bridge to the amp. like - - in the negative side of the bridge and + + in the + side of the bridge. will this damage anything? or should i just run them to each channel of the amp like I normally would like - + to one channel and the same for the other.
when i try it the regular way 1 speaker to 1 channel and the other speaker to the other channel it sounds ok. but when i hook up both negatives of the spaeakers and put them in the negative bridge and then take both positives from the speakers and hook it up to the positive of the bridge it sound hell of a lot louder. but when i play it for about 5 min my amp goes into protection mode and starts up when i shut off the car then turn it back on. what is the problem here? and what is the proper way to wire them?
but when i have it on low it stays on and does not go into safe mode. please help.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1206
Nope.

If the amp is stable to 2 ohm stereo its only good bridged into a 4 ohm load or greater, thus the protection mode. Either run the subs like you had them in stereo or wire them in series and bridge the amp into an 8 ohm load. I'd recommend the stereo option as series connection of drivers is usually discouraged.

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html

-Fishy

Anonymous

so what i cant hook up the positives of the spaekers and put them in the positive of the bridge and the negatives together and put them in the negative of the bridge? the spaekers are for ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1208
Not if you want to listen to them. You don't get a lot of output when the amp's in protection mode. :-) For 20 bucks it'll sound ok in stereo even if you only get half the power than if it was bridged into 4 ohms.

I'd just go ahead and use it and eventually get a good monoblock that gets its best power at 2 ohms. You could then use the Boss to power your mids and highs.

-Fishy

Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 10
First mistake is boss. They dont put out what they say, and they dont run at the ohm you say. seacrh up series parallel and parraled wiring diagrams on google ans ytou will find out how to hook em both up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us