How 2 Install 4 Channel Amp

Username: Westcoastsound

Post Number: 1
I need to know how to install my 4 channel amp. Where do I connect the High Level Input to?

Post Number: 2
I need to know how to install my 4 channel amp. Where do I connect the High Level Input to and how?

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 63
connect the high level (speaker outputs) of your HU to the high level inputs of your amp, then the speaker outputs of the amp go to the speakers.

If you have line level outputs from your HU (RCA outputs), use those instead of the high level outs!! they carry a cleaner signal, and are less subject to outside interference.

Post Number: 3
Thanx

Post Number: 4
is it true that you need to hook up 2 pairs of RCA cables for 4 channel amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 64
Yes, each RCA cable carries one channel's signal. so if you have 4 channels, you need 4 RCA cables, usually paired together.

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 17
NO noone has said the answer. Hi level is speaker wire inputs. Low level is rca. You can use a converter to use speaker wire, or use rcs, if you have a decent aftermarket deck. That simple.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3885
"is it true that you need to hook up 2 pairs of RCA cables for 4 channel amps?"

Not necessarily. Many amplifiers allow you to use the front outputs to sum for front and rear output, but hooking them up individually will allow you to fade/balance the rear speakers as needed to match the volume level with the front speakers. Audio is 2 channel, front and rear channel outputs from the head unit will have the same information, it's just a matter of control. This is often needed because of the fact that many rear speakers are larger speakers such as 6x9s and will be louder for the given power than front speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1213
Yeah if your amplifier doesn't have the capability of running all four channels off just one set of inputs and your h/u only has one set of preouts then you can use a pair of y-adapters to do the same thing.

These guys:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KAR-1F2M

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us