Anyone know a way to secure an amp without screws?

Bronze Member
Username: Calaway

Austin, TX

Post Number: 53
thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1159
Lotsa velcro?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2832
That's not good with heat.
If you don't want to use screws, then build a frame/cage that can accept the amp and then have a latch or lock to hold it in place.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1160
Thats was kind of a joke.

Its awful difficult w/o screwin somethin in somewhere.

:-)

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 240
thats what she said ;)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2833
Fishy, I'm trying to make a frame/cage in the trunk where I can just slide in the amps. Makes it easier for replacing amps and wires.
I have a set for winter and summer. Right now I have to unscrew and screw. So far the only way it'll happen screwless is to mount a frame on the bottom of the amp and then slide it into the cage. Then have some kind of locking system to hold it in place.

Bronze Member
Username: Alumaprodave

CALIFORNIA

Post Number: 21
I have 2 amps held down by velcro, but its the double lock kind. It's 5 times stronger than the regular fuzz against loop kind. I have a textured black painted box with 4 subs, and on each side of the subs are 2 stainless steel plates. The amps are velcroed down on to the plates. For 2 and a half years now they have not budged. The double lock kind, you get no play like you do the other kind.

Silver Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 126
Hah--I got some Velcro that'll hold your a55 to the wall...literally. It's industrial strength Velcro, rated up to like 75lbs or something rediculous like that. It's some bad stuff man...

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 29
I saw a commerical for clear duct tape today.
You could use some of that.

Username: Telef

Post Number: 5
I think it would be alooottt easier to unscrew/screw something than creating a cage or using some insane velcro. Screwdrivers aren't that hard to use.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us