Hey Isaac!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2752
Man you are right again Bro! I got the 250G4 installed yesterday and the difference between the g4 and the a600 is rediculous! The a600 was louder but not by much, but the g4 has incredible detail and a very very nice acoustic response, it has complete control of the driver it sounds so crisp and clear but hits down deep with authority and precision:-) I love it man!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2825
Glad you are a believer now! Lot of people under estimate that G4.
Don't forget to play with the Intelli Q control. It will give the bass even more quality boost.
Now you see why I bought 5 of them? :-)
The G4 makes active crossover obsolete (bandpass mode).

Gold Member

Post Number: 2829
Hey James, I have a question. You said a600 was louder. How did you have the sub wired? If it's set for 1ohm load, the G4 should be louder. At 2ohms it's 400w.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2758
I have it set at 1ohm, I cant understand the whole loudness thing myself I agree with you that the orion should be louder, I need to mess around with the different settings on it what is yours set at?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2831
I used mine at bandpass mode, LPF set to around 80Hz, HPF set at 20Hz, and Intelli Q set at 6db+.
The left phase shift at 0, right phase shift at 180 for mono bridged.
I know why the a600 sounded louder. It didn't have any crossover, so got full range, including high bass. I think if you raise the crossvoer on G4, it will probably sound louder.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2759
I am using my x-over on my deck not on the amp. The Intel Q looks like it is just for high pass am I wrong? I have the phase shift set the same way you do for mono so I am guessing that I should adjust the intel Q and see what that does I believe it is set flat right now.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2767
hey Isaac OK I just read the manual I turned it on to the LP x-over on the amp and off of my deck and it got louder now I just read up on the Band pass setting with the intel Q and that is deff what I am gonna do I am gonna go out and try it right now I will be back and let you know how it goes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2835
The crossover is a bit tricky. The LPF is set for the high bass cut off, and HPF is used to set the low bass starting point.
With those 2, you don't need subsonic filter.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2768
so what should it be set at man I have the LP on now but I cant really figure out the bandpass it being pitched black outside doesnt help anything but so the LP is on and set to 80htz now how should I set the Intel Q and the HP in order to untilize the bandpass mode? But I must say when I turned on the LP it made a huge huge difference I take back what I said about the PPI being louder lol!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2836
I knew it should've been as loud as a600 if not more.
Set the HPF to 20Hz, then you can play with the Intelli Q. I have mine around 6db+ for sealed box.
Unlike most amps, G4 will allow you to turn on both the LPF and HPF for a bandpass mode. In fact I don't think I've seen that option in any other amp. Very handy.
If you feel you're getting too much of the low bass, you can try 100Hz - 120Hz. It'll still sound great on G4.
I get a feeling it's cause of the phase shifting on the right channel.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2769
cool man I am gonna mess around with it tomarrow I will let you know. As of now it is much louder then it was with the a600 I cant believe it dude this sub in a 18 would be absolutely INSANE! hint hint! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us