Fosgate vs soundstream

Bronze Member
Username: Theceo

Post Number: 16
im thinking of getting a soundstream vga 400.2, which is rated at 400rms, 2 channel, or should i get a fosgate 501bd mono amp rated at 500rms?

cuspid fo life
Unregistered guest
its all about cuspid, sounds so darn good, make you wanna go slap yo mama!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Theceo

Post Number: 17
riiight...cuspid...great amps....haha

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 42
Xtant 1001 amp that im selling is one of the best. go to http://www.xtant.com/html/products/x1001.cfm for more info and spec. I"m selling mine in mint condition still in box ready to be shipped, asking $600.00 Obo plus shipping. call (425) 985-5415 or email unan0@hotmail.com

Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Jhick8

Post Number: 35
Did anyone know he was selling that amp????

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3384
i want that amp SOOOO BAD

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1227
Yeah, I love my Xtants, but they are a bit pricey.

:-)

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3396
yes they are, but in my opinion the cleanest stuff in the world made

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1233
I dunno about that, but I sure like the way mine look.

:-)

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 43
The Xtant 1001 is still avaiable for sell. Asking $600.00 for it. Its packaged and ready to be shipped.

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 66
Man go list your amp on classifieds instead of begging people to buy it. If its so good why arent you using it? percisely my point. Xtant is a very good company, but spamming ads in every forum is NOT the way to sell it. Put it in the classifieds homie and you will be better off. I think soundstream is a lil over rated. Uses to uch aluminum/billet. Fosgate on the other hands keeps prices down by using painted surfaces. But other than looks i think both amps work good.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1787
Fosgate is better in my opinion.

BTW, for $600, it better be one hell of an amp!:-)

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 67
600 aint to much. But still i think anything over 300 buks you should make sure your getting your moneys worth out the product. (Note just cuz an amp costs 2000$ dosent meant its better than one that costs 1000$. All depends on what brand, and how much bang your gettin for you buck.

Bronze Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 27
Xtant is some of the best stuff made. Plus that amp puts out 1000 watts at 2 ohms. Pretty good for $600. It blows out the current Rockford stuff anyday.

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 70
Hmmmm funny. Where is xtant's 1 ohm rating. Ahh i c its not one ohm rated. Rockford is. Hense y i think rockford is a better buy. Reason being is its a 1000 watt amp. Most people would run 2 subs off it. Or a dvc sub. So you need 1 ohm. I dont see what point in having a 2 ohm rated amp, unless you have single vc subs or 2 subs that after wiring come out to 2 ohms. Since alot wont. Its a poor buy for the xtant. Thats based on the fact xtant is not listed to 1 ohm. I even double thecked the site on that.

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 71
Oh and im not saying the xtant amp is not good. Im saying it lacks 1 ohm. Its a awsome amp just no one ohm.

Username: Karam

Post Number: 8
hey will you take $200 for that amp and ship it to uk. ? how much will that be?

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 80
Lol $200 lbs is like 380 us dollars. The shipping would be like a hundred buks. LOL lamo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Dude, 200 Euro is only like 257 us dollars as of todays exchange rate. I don't think its gonna happen bro.

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 82
euro is NOT the pound. England does NOT use the euro. Uk is england. Pounds worth more than euro. :-)

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 83
but still i doubt he will go for it. Maybe $600 pounds. That would cover shipping also. But I doubt he will do ne thing under that. A: costs a #$%t load to send stuff to europe. B: a pain in the #$$. Lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Damn, Tim beat me to it. Yeah 200 United Kingdom Pounds is actually equal to 377.072 us dollars. Still not even close though.

Post Number: 9
wel it was a shot, hey you know the sony mono anp xmd-500x what do you think of it it gives 1x500rms at 2 ohms i might get two if them to power my two 15" audiobahn subs 650rms each they are 4ohm rated will those amps work?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Lol, I am just 1 step behind ya Tim!! LMAO

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 86
DUDE i guessed 380 $ american. wow i was so close. Man im like psychic today LOl . Well probably not

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
They would work... but your best bet is to stay away from Sony. Plus I doubt it even gives that much rms. So you would be underuning it, even if that amp was giving it 500 watts.

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 87
Sony amp ratinigs are misleading. So is audio bahn. NO way an amp with a 40 amp fuse will put out 1500 watts like sony says. They list all the peak watts as their rated watts. Be careful with that karamjit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Nice guess Tim LOL! If your a psycic do you foresee me winning anything in the future? LOL. I never win anything. The biggest thing I have ever won was $20 bucks under a Pepsi cap! LOL

Post Number: 10
ok, could you suggest 1 amp or even 2 if it is cheaper i need somethink to power the two subs ther are 650rms each and at 4ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
What kind of subs are those? The kind of amp depends on what final ohm load you are working with.

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 89
Thats going to be very hard to do. Thats a whole lot of power. Thats y i dislike companies like audiobahn. They sell subs that handle 750 rms for 80-100 each. But the amps to power them are like a grand. Good marketing concept but misleading. If you want to build a system with budjet amps. IM not saying top of the line. Profile amps are ok. Ive had alot of em as backup amps. They perform to what they say. I reccommend a few of the 1000's. Or save up and go with somehting more like hifonics. They are good for the money. Its best to put money into things that rellie matter. So what im sayin is. You buy decent subs. and hook a cheap amp up to it. whats the point in having good subs. None. Besides looks. So save up and get a decent amp tho, even if money is tight. It will eb worth it in the long run.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
yer that is true. the make is audiobahn 15" aw151t, 650 rms

would this amp be ok?
PPI DCX 1500.1 link = http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13701

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 95
Im almost positive it would be. PPi are good amps. You should be fine as long as you have atleast 1000 rms in both subs combined.I think thats a good deal. Try it. You can always return the amp :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
see the thing is i am situated in the uk so to buy it i will have to arrange some sort of shipment to uk. is there any way of doing that as i have not deat with this company before?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
LOL, I thought you were looking for something cheaper! But, I would go for it if you have the money! :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
By the looks of it, they don't ship internationally. Sorry bro, I would try look ing on ebay or something, and work a deal with someone on there.

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 98
werd

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
yes as it a bit because it is about £260 here in uk but shipment is gona be a b)tch to uk dats where the problem is.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
yer thats why im trying to find somebody in us to deliver it to then from there send it to uk

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
or if you know any body else in the world whosells this could you let me know at this sort of price, and also ship to uk.

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 100
You should look in eirope for sterio parts. theres many places over there. Your best bet is not ordering it from the us. Amps we make in the us. you will get 100% ripped off buying it from europe. Best to get an amp from over there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
yer ok. ill have a look then. so 1000rms@2ohms is good. ill look at this spec here. im off to bed not its 12:30pm in uk later people.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 105
that works. Lata
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us