Help with alternator. Im a newebie so please help!

Username: Jordanh420

Post Number: 1
Alright, I just installed my system in my 93 Grand Am and im having problems. Everything works fine, the HU-Panasoinic, Amp-200 watt Pioneer and the subs-Rockford Fosgate; Im just having problems with the alternator. I finished installing the HU and everything was working fine. After playing the system for about 10-15 min with the car running, it died. I turned the key and the battery was dead. I had my buddy give me a jump and I was on my way. After letting my alternator charge my battery with the HU off, I started to drive with it on again. It was fine for about 20 min when my car died again. I got another jump and drove the car home, and now it wont start, even with a new battery. I think its my alternator, could somebody explain whats going on and give me some suggestions on how to fix it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jordan Hall

Bronze Member
Username: Tbone

Post Number: 43
Check the ground cable at the battery and at the alternator, and at the Chassis Ground Cable Return point. With a new battery, and a bad alternator, the vehicle would start and then drain the battery, probably the alternator, but also something else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us