How did you get started?

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 80
I love music. I love electronic gadgets.

I like the feeling I get when I play with a new electronic gadget and try to figure it out. Of course I don't read the manual. Who actually reads those anyways. I usually resort back to it after I have gone completely insane trying to set the clock ha ha ha.

Anyways, I was about 9 years old when I got my first taste of audio. it has been an extreme passion since.

My dad bought a ghetto-blaster. Does anyone remember those things? This thing had dual cassets, and a four band tuner (AM, FM, SW1, and SW2). This thing had 6" 3 way speakers. Wow that thing rocked my world.

But the one thing that got my attention was the STEREO-WIDE button. I remember flipping back and forth between mono-stereo-stereo wide. Ohhhhhhhhhhh that stereo wide was awesome. It made music come to life.

Ever since then, I have been attracted to audio science like a magnet (no pun intended, lol). Oh yeah, building speaker boxes has had a huge impact on my hobby timeline.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7832
started when I was about 5 or 6 watching my father build electronics projects from Bell & Howell back in the 1970s. He built a 25" TV set, and a digital multimeter and oscilloscope and a few toys like that. He was red/green color blind so couldn't read resistor color bands. I used to help by reading them to him, and from there I got into doing electronics myself.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3200
hmm for me, well i dont know much about car audio lol, but it started when i came on here asking a question, read some interesting tings, glass helped me along and i saw a true passion in car audio, everything i know about car audio has started since december 04 lol, and i think i know a decent amount about it as well, and now its my hope to be a pro installer one day, and one of the VERY few people in the us with a Master Installer Certification, isnt there only like 36 in the country lol

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7843
less than a hundred total

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1101
The more I know, the more I know I don't know.

:-)

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3225
well said

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1102
I almost have an engineering degree so have aquired enough knowledge to become dangerous and have been messing with car audio since 1981. I also worked for Sound Advice for a few months, but I think the only thing I learned there is that, in the short run at least, its kind of hard to make a good commision if you're always trying to save the customer money.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us