Best amp

Jon Kelly
Unregistered guest
What do you think is the best monoblock amp you cant get? Im thinkin 1000/1 Jl Audio or Orion? What about soundstream tarantulas? The subs im getting are either eclipse ti's or IDmax's...What should i get with either of those and which do you think are the better subs?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2597
JL isn't the best amp, but it is still a great amp.
I'd personally look at Zapco C2K 9 first if you can afford it, followed by Arc Audio, US Amps, Orion SX/HCCA G4, PPI PC/PCX/Art series, JL 1000/1, Xtant, and MTX.
As for subs, they're both great. Sound preference is subjective. What one person might love, you might hate and vise versa. So it's best to listen it live.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 964
Hey isaac, i even have a ZAPCO 500M Referance MONO class AB amp. It does 500x1 @ 4ohms / 700x1@2ohms

I may use it someday to run a ID MAX 12 ported / what you think ?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2602
MO, I'd keep that amp as a backup. You never want to be left out to dry like Hunter? Was he the one with JBL 1200 amp problem and had no replacement?
Zapco is a great amp so keep it.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 681
that was me w/ the bp1200.1. :-(

now i'm runnin my SX15 on a 150wrms kicker 2ch amp. :-)

i should have a new amp VERY soon though.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7786
not fond of any class D mono amps myself.. I like class A amplifiers for SQ.
old Orion and PPI, or current amps like Zapco C2K series, Brax, Harrison Lab, McIntosh, and Tru Technology.

aside from finding used Orion and PPI amps, you won't find any of the above for under four figures though.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 973
I just ordered my Orion HCCA 250g4 and i bought the last one from cardomain.com for $399.99. Use to be much higher. Anyways i will be using it to run a Avalanche 15. I also own a zapco 500m referance. I got it for a good deal brand new on ebay so i might run it with a 12 ID MAX for another project. Definetly good amps.

Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 6
for running subs u dont really tell the difference in sound quality when running class AB versus class D so get class D for subs. it's more efficient.

Anonymous

How about the Pioneer PRS-D5000SPL? The specs are sweet only stable down to 2 Ohms though. Due you think it will go down to 1 Ohm? Or will it overheat?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us