Looking for amp, that does 600RMS @2 ohms

SPLSQ
Unregistered guest
I am looking for a good mono amp, that does 600 watts RMS @ 2 ohms, and cheap if you can.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2549
MTX 6500D. It's 500w rms @ 2ohms and cheap in price.
The actual power @ 14.4v is over 700w.

SPLSQ
Unregistered guest
How do you power it at 14.4v? And how much does this amp cost, I could not find a place to buy this am and the price, any more amps?

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 130
Isaac, i took your advice and purchased that amp! I am interested in the same question as the previous post. How do you power it at 14.4v? obviously this will put more strain on the alternator/battery...any porblems you could run into if you do not have a HO alternator, and just a regular car battery? thanks again man.

goon

Gold Member

Post Number: 2552
You get close to 14v from your alternator. The voltage drops to 12v when the alternator can't keep up with the demand (battery voltage).
You shouldn't have any serious problem as long as you stay within your alternator's capability. Dimming lights are a good sign of alternator strain.
You can get by under certain condition with a capacitor/batcap.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2553
Search on the google or eBay for MTX amp. They used to sell for $130.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
hmm this is getting tricky...my last system made my headlights dim. i had 2 15" kicker comps with a kicker 800.2 pushing them. this time i have 2 infinity perfects with an mtx 6500d pushing them(waiting for this in the mail) i do not know what my alternator is...i'm gonna guess stock 60-90amps. it's a 98 rodeo. right now my budget will not allow for a new one(i'm a poor student). what do you think man? should i have a problem?

goon

Gold Member

Post Number: 2557
Well the good news is, MTX is a class D amp so it'll use less power than Kicker 800.2.
If the music you listen to doesn't contain long bass notes, a capacitor might help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
thats exactly what i wanted to hear. we will find out when i get my amp in. thanks again man

goon

SPLSQ
Unregistered guest
Anymore mono amps?

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 224
Kicker KX 600.1

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1029
used:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64573%26item%3D5769134386 %26

new:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5769375262 %26

used:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5770285868 %26

There used to be a few new Xtant A6000T's going cheap on Ebay, but I haven't seen any recently.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2582
JBL bp 600.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us