Will this be enough power?

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 152
i have been doin all of this research tryin to find the perfect amp for my 12" Atlas. i forgot i have a rockford fosgate 160.2 Punch amp in my closet. the amp works great i used it on my 2 10" fosgates awhile back. the Atlas has a 300rms rating. i am having no luck finding the rms for my 160.2 punch amp, can someone help me. also will this amp be good enough for my sub or should i continue my search???

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
can anyone here tell me if my fosgate 160.2 Punch amp will be enough to run my 250rms Atlas sub. or at least can anyone tell me how much rms my amp puts out at 4ohm i cant find it anywhere.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1025
160x1 bridged into 4 ohms

http://www.avcarexpo.com/597.html

It'll probably push that Atlas just fine especially if you go ported. 320 watts would only give you at the most a 3dB increase in output.

-Fishy

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
thanks for the link and the good news i thought i would have to spend 200 on a new amp. so you say ported, why? does ported usually take a little less power or are you saying this since ported is louder to compensate for the shortage of power my amp is putting out?

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
i want the best sound for me and my sweetheart to cruise to. ported or sealed? i always thought sealed but if ported would be better ill do it (i already have the recommended tune hz level from a conversation about this a few days ago)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us