PPI Art Series...

Blair
Unregistered guest
I was looking at purchasing a PPI A404 to power my speakers. I have a set of boston acoustics pro 60's in the front and just some rear fill.

I want to know if the amp will be powerful enough for the the Boston's? They are 3 ohm so I am assuming around 75W RMS per component - note they are trying to keep up with 2 idmax's running around 750W RMS each.

Also I hear the art series are full range amplifiers.... what are they like producing low notes in 6.5 inch speakers? I am wondering if something with a crossover would be better as I thought it would be generally better to cut off frequencies around 80hz?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2394
With the Art series amp, you don't need any crossovers. It will produce very clean sound, including the low bass.

skyliner17
Unregistered guest
i second Isaac. my ppi a300.2 powering my infinity perfects are great. better than mtx and audiobahn. i like it more than orion 250g4 too. more simple plus same sound quality.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3720
The crossover isn't for the amp, it's for the speakers. Like Isaac said above, that amp will handle any audible frequency beautifully, it's a question of whether the component speakers can handle that low of a frequency without being driven into overexcursion. That being said, most component speakers do better to be crossed around 80-100hz with a minimum 12db/oct slope. These crossovers are built into most modern head units, though.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 717
Thats true..im gonna be running a ppi art 300.2 to my image dynamic cxs62 componant set and im gonna fine tune it from the eclipse 8454. Its alot easiar that way anyways.

Blair
Unregistered guest
ok sweet, tell me then how does the PC series compare to the Art Series in terms of SQ.. are they on the same playing field?? I may choose a PPI PC4400 instead as it has more power.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2431
PPI PC series are as good as the Art series. I have both. You wouldn't be able to tell any difference even if you wanted. Both very good amps.
On paper, PC has slightly better spec.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7652
personally I prefer the Art series for their DIN signal path and aesthetics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us