Dual amp wiring, d block, alt question

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 57
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey im trying to look into a higher amp alt and a D block. I was ganna run 4 guage from the battery to a d block. I have a kicker kx1200.1 and kx350.2. they both say to use 4 guage for the amp, so should I run 4 guage from the battery then d block it to two 4 guage wires for the amps so im running 4 guage all the way through or should I go 2 guage to two 4 guage wires to the amps? oh yeah and my alt im looking into a 200a alt because ill be pushing 1,680 watts rms and a under body glow kit, plus an alarm any advice? please throw me some ebay links on the Distribution block please

thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 308
you'll need to run either 2 or 0 AWG from the battery to the block, then 4 from the block to the amps.
as far as an alternator goes, the only site i know of is alterstart. they have an ebay store too

Bronze Member
Username: Treeguy2oo4

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 24
bro or you could run two 4 guage. 1 for each amp! and cut the D block out and save some money and time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Treeguy2oo4

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 25
bro or you could run two 4 guage. 1 for each amp! and cut the D block out and save some money and time!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us