Installing a sub amp and cap

Username: Kangazoo

Post Number: 1
im trying to install a sub amp and a cap into my 2001 mitsubishi eclipse spyder.. ill be installing 2 10in JL enclosed subs, a 600 watt 2 channel kenwood amp and a capacitor...ive put in amps and subs before but never with a cap so im very lost...are there any pictures or web sites that can help me out..

Anonymous

run the power wire as u would if u were puting a amp in.. connect it to the cap.. then ground it..

the run a second power wire from the cap to the amp or fuse block if u have one.. and then ground the amp..

BE SURE TO CHARGE THE CAP BEFORE YOU INSTALL IT WIRE A 12V LIGHT BLUB.. make sure the cap is at a full Discharge!! B4 you charge it!!

get the remote(usually blue) from stereo run it to your amp.. run some RCA's connect the subs and listen 2 ur system

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 127
no anon thats is wrong, tim run the power and ground as normal just imagine making a cut in bothruns and putting that cap in line with them, making sure neg on neg and pos on pos, if you do not have both neg and pos on the cap before the amp then the cap isn't doing anything, also connect the cap so that the wires are as short as you can get them before the amp.

Anonymous

dude your a idiot. u just said what i said... this guy tim is not and idiot.. im pretty sure he knows that pos goes to pos and neg goes to neg dumbazz

it doesnt matter.. well yea it matters if your wires are long.. anyway joseph is right.. try to make your wire connections short and sweet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us