Battery..

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 141
I have a stock battery. I was wondering what would be a good upgrade battery, i've heard about boat batterys and those higher end car audio batterys. Also, how do you hook up two batterys, so i can keep the main one for starting the car and have one for the audio, i know all about the alternator having more of a strain to charge both, but i'll be getting a larger one soon. But what would i need to hook together two batterys?
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2156
get a yellow top alternator, but you need to geta battery isolater to hook 2 up

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2157
yea, yellow top alternator, wow im out of it replace it with battery, sorry

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 142
haha i was like uhh, alright thanks. Do you think i could keep the stock battery and use that one to power my audio system or should i just get that new battery, im only using about 900ish RMS if that.

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 143
im not sure if that makes sense, im out of it too

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 959
If you don't run your sytem much with the engine off you'd be fine with a stock battery as long as your alternator is up to snuff. I do just fine with my stock battery/H.O. alternator combo and I'm runnin nearly 1000 watts RMS. Remember, when your car is running your alternator is responsible for supplying all your car's electrical needs. I hardly ever listen to my system with the engine off so most of the time my battery's only duty is starting my ride.

-Fishy

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 148
Yeah, i run my system sometimes with my car off. But what happened is that i killed my battery and now i think its done haha, its not holding a charge anymore so i think i need to get a new battery so i was wondering if i should get a car audio battery or normal battery. I think im just gunna get the car audio one because i do listen to my music with the car off alot and i don't like it killing my battery in like 10 mins haha.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us