Zapco 500m mono amp - need a subwoofer to match it..

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 614
I own a Avalanche 15 and it seems like its not possible to run this zapco since it produces over 500 watts at 4 ohms and over 700 watts at a 2 ohm load and the Avalanche whouldnt be 2 ohm stable?? Anyways what other subwoofers can i run off this amp that whould be as good as the avalanche at 700rms that this amps rated???

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2334
MO have you thought of trading your amp with someone that has Orion HCCA 250G4 amp? It would work perfect in your situation. G4 is 800w rms @ 1 ohm bridged.

Silver Member

Post Number: 615
Hey isaac whats up man...yeah i just talked to chad the owner of ascendantaudio and he said its very nice amplifier but it wont work with that avalanche as the avalanch can only be 4ohms or 1ohm. So now i am looking to sell my zapco500m mono referance series amp. Thing is that the HCCA isnt as efficiant as the ZAPCO i have and it draws alot more power from the electrical system if im right. The zapco is only 40A fuse and puts out about 800wattsrmsx1@2ohms. Nothing against the 250g4 as i know its top notch but isnt it a class ab like mine??? Let me know how many amps that 250g4. The zapco is nice and compact as the 250g4 is much bigger. Let me know more info on the 250g4 because my zapco is brand NEW.

Silver Member

Post Number: 616
ok so it has 2 30A fuse's i read on the owners manuel. So out of the jl 500/1 and this 250g4 and my ppi pcx 2200 800watt amp that i also have thats 80A fuse. Which one do you think i should roll with ???? whats the differances in sound ill get and will it be noticable??

Silver Member

Post Number: 617
never mind its 2 40A fuse's. just like my ppi pcx 2200.

Silver Member

Post Number: 618
this is refirbished altough they have 100% feed back and are authorized dealer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2336
I'd go with either JL 500/1 or 250G4 (60A), if you need more power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 619
here is the official specs:

Item Condition:
Factory Refurbished

Functionality and Warranty:
Tested by Orion technicians to meet or exceed new specifications. 100% guaranteed by replacement against D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival). Must be notified within 3 days of receipt.

Package Contents:
Includes all essential parts such as fuses, power and speaker plugs. May not include owner manuals, mounting screws, and spare fuses, etc.

@

Please note prior to bidding: This item comes with 90 Days Repair Warranty from the manufacturer in an unlikely event of product failure due to manufacturer's defect. As an authorized dealer, we will honor the warranty as well. Shipping charge for the warranty is buyer's responsibilty.

HCCA 250G4

Renowned for their exceptional sound quality and enormous output capability, the HCCA line remains the champion on the competition circuit today. After a decade of trophies and titles, the G4 series continues the legacy which set the line in motion. Sound quality and raw power; the ORION way. The ORION proprietary power to run ultra low impedance loads. The complimentary bipolar output section, derived from high-end home audio, offers second to none sound quality performance making HCCA amplifiers the perfect balance between fidelity and power.

Specifications

POWER OUTPUT
2 x 50 @ 4 Ohm
2 x 100 @ 2 Ohm
2 x 200 @ 1 Ohm
2 x 400 @ .5 Ohm
1 x 200 @ 4 Ohm
1 x 400 @ 2 Ohm
1 x 800 @ 1 Ohm

Features

Variable Low-pass 45Hz to 5kHz
Variable high-pass with INTELLi Q 10Hz to 10kHz
10dB of boost with INTELLi Q
Remote gain capable
Selectable AUX out
Fuse Size (2) 30 ATC
Dimensions 18" x 10.25" x 2.25" (457mm x 260mm x 57mm)

Silver Member

Post Number: 620
Isaac you know anyone that is selling or wants to trade for my zapco amp?? or do you think i should go for this refurbished 250g4??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2337
I'd find a good used one first then the refurb. Somehow, the used ones are cheaper than the refurb.

Silver Member

Post Number: 621
Isaac sale going on over here man...check it out

PPI PCX 2200 2 channel class a/b amp - 200x2@ 4 ohms and 400x2 @ 2ohms and 800 x 1 @ 4ohms bridged. Purchaed brand new from myer emco ppi dealer for $800.00 over a year ago. 1-10 i give it a 9 for overall. underated amp

Zapco 500m Referance Mono class a/b amplifier - 500x1 @ 4ohms and 700x1 @ 2ohms, never been used and fresh in box also from a zapco dealer with receipt. Very underated

Gold Member

Post Number: 2340
MO, Mark N is looking for a good SQ amp. Look at the thread "Best SQ amp in 300$ range".
Maybe you 2 could hook up and help each other?

Silver Member

Post Number: 623
Yeah i went ahead and posted on that thread. If you find any hcca 250g4's let me know isaac. In the meantime help me find some people to buy my amps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2341
Okay, I'll check around. You might also want to read up on Subwoofer and speaker forum. Some people look for amps there sometimes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 642
If i do decide to keep my zapco 500m that can do over 700x1@2ohms... What one subwoofer 12" or 15" whould be the ultimate for it. This whould be for a future project if i dont sell it of course.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2317
ID max

Gold Member

Post Number: 2342
James, is it true that you swiped another 250G4 amp?

Username: Mcazayoux

New roads, La United states

Post Number: 10
does anyone know of a good amp to run 2 12"L7s

Silver Member

Post Number: 644
ID MAX dual 4 ohm right? so i can wire it to match the 2ohm for the zapco amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2344
4 ohms DVC will give you 2ohms wired in parallel. It'll work fine with your amp then.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 914
What exactly do you do with all this aquired stuff MO? Ebay it? or do you have lil shrines all over the house constucted for each piece.

Honsestly I've never seen anyone go through so much equipment(and talk about it) in such a short period of time.

Do you even install/listen to this stuff before you change your mind?

I think an Avalanche 15 with 500 watts of Zapco power would sound sweet unless of course that amp has the same specs as Zapco's present Reference 500.1(360x1 @ 4 ohm, 500x1 @ 2 ohm). If curent draw is a major concern I don't see how going with that Orion is gonna help.

-Fishy

Silver Member

Post Number: 646
If i do go with the orion then it deserves a HO alternator upgrade since im already spending all this money. I ebay stuff i dont need or want. So fishy..you rather go with my zapco 500m that puts out 538x1@4ohms over my jl 500/1 that puts out more wattage? The ppi pcx 2200 is also for sale.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 916
I dunno. I'd hook em both up and see which one you like better. The 500/1's I've heard have been pretty "ballsy", but being an A/B /w bi-polar outputs(?) you might like the way the Zapco sounds a lil better.

Every car, every install, and every listener is different. If I had access to as much equipment as you seem to have had I doubt I could resist dropping them all in and taking them for a test run.

Of course when you start doing that with subs you can end up with a lot of converted mdf "shelves" in your garage like me.

:-)

-Fishy

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2318
yup Isaac I sure did:-) a brand new one at that:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 648
James i know you have a sealed box for your avalanche but whats the exact size on it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 649
Im having a guy build it for me. Just deciding on sealed or ported. You had mentioned that it gets really loud somtimes even for you??...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2327
I already gave you the dimensions once but here they are again. 16in(h)x16in(d)x24in(w) those are ouside dimensions with the front baffle doubled up. 3/4in mdf

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
Do you have polyfill in yours.. what is this used for?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2329
no I dont but they say you should. I dont think it is that big of a deal. It takes a whole lot of polyfill to make an audible difference if any at all. I love the way mine sounds without it but if you want to add it go for it.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2001
Yeah, it's not gonna perform miracles. It's probably hard to really hear a difference anways.

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
Whats the actual purpuse of polyfill anyways..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us