Can anyone enlighten me???

Bronze Member
Username: Krijgy

Smithfield, Virginia United states

Post Number: 80
ok i've heard that you can strap two amps together. How would i go about doing this? what does strapping mean? and would the amplifiers keep the same ohm rating( would two 1 ohm amps still handle 1 ohm?) and fyi: i want two strap two kicker 1200.1 amps together. Thank you for your imput.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 351
Strapping is like bridging amplifiers. You need to check with the company and see if that is possible with those amplifiers. If you strap two amplifiers together that can't handle it, you'll blow them.
Some amps require a special cable for strapping, etc. You should be able to find something on the kicker website. If not, call them up, you should get a quick answer on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
thank you for you info. i had already checked and those amps are strapable. i just need to know how to go about doing it and if it will still be able to handle the same ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 352
Normally when you strap them, (assuming your 1200W @ 1 ohm) you'll end up with 2400W @ 2 ohms. As for physically doing it, I'd look that up on the manufacturer's website as well, just to be sure. You should be able to pull up the owner's manual on the 1200 amp and it should have something in there on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Alright i really appreaciate that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us