Speakers fading out at high volume

Username: Robl30166

Troy , Ny Usa

Post Number: 1
im looking for some suggestions on trouble shooting my stereo . when i play the stereo it plays fine when i raise the volume up about half way the speakers on the one amp all fade out and come back on and keeps doing so til i turn the amp down..the other amps still stays on and playing fine... any ideas why this maybe happening????

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2306
How many amps do you have? What are they powring? What are your ohm configurations?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7561
sounds like the amp is clipping of wired for too low of a load and it's going into thermal protection, resetting, and going back into protection in a loop.

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 154
Try turning it backwards ha ha ha ha

Troy , Ny Usa

Post Number: 2
i have the amp running my mid range and tweeters 4 rear deck speakers,conected through a crossovers then to one side of the amp and the front mid and tweeters run through crossovers then to the other side of the amp... all running at 4 ohm

Gold Member

Post Number: 2307
Is that a 4 channel amp or 2? If it's 4, then it makes sense, but if it's 2, are you telling me that you're powering all of the front speakers with 1 channel?
Have you actually measured the speakers? Maybe it's not really 4ohms.
Check your gain/level setting. Some amps have separate controls for each channel.

Troy , Ny Usa

Post Number: 3
i took a digital meter and put it on ohm setting and and touched each set of 4 speaker wires and the meter said 005 for all 4 sets of speaker wires attached to the amp....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2315
Is your amp 4 channel or 2?
When you did your measuring, were the wires still attached to the amp?
What brand/model is the amp?

Troy , Ny Usa

Post Number: 4
its a channel amp its a phoenix gold octane r 8.0.4 and yes the wires were still attached to the amp

Troy , Ny Usa

Post Number: 5
its a 4 channel amp

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7568
I can't understand a thing he said

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1966
me either

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2284
I think he is saying that he is running 4-4ohm speakers on his rear deck on one chanell, and his front component set on another chanell. So if he ran the rear deck speakers to mono and then into the amp that would present a 1ohm load to that chanell, and if he did the same to the front it would present the same load so that would be why the amp is clipping into protection, but thats just a theroy because I too didnt really understand what he was trying to say.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us