Amp set up in my trunk???

ampquestion
Unregistered guest
I am setting up 2 amps in my trunk, one for 4 component systems and one mono for the sub. My question is a space question. Since I have none, I am gonna lay the amps on there sides, then vertically install them on either metal or wood or plastic so that there will be a front (power cords etc) and a back (speaker wires). can an amp be installed like that. I see places that tell you not to install them upside down, but mine will be on the side and vertical, and possibly mounted on wood, since it is the easiest to work with, and will also be bottom to bottom separated by about 1" peice of wood. Is this ok to do? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 277
it doesn't really matter how you mount an amp, most of them, the insides are already upside down when you mount them right side up. just make sure you don't block air from getting to the heat sinks or fans and make sure you tighten the leads down good, they can come lose easier depending on mounting position. i don't get your discription though....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us