Amp is on protect, cause a blown speaker?

Username: Maddlagger

Post Number: 2
i have a power bds500.1, that is the 250 x 1 at 4 ohms. 2 x 12' JL audios. i also have the factory jeep grand 97 sterio. my friend used to have this set up is his car,crashed his car, took it out, now i have it (could be the problem). i installed it and it worked fined for about 4 weeks. the wireing is fine, has power too. my friend picked it up and turned it over to see the specs then turned it back over, i turned the power back on and it turned on, but 4 seconds later it cut out, the "protect" light is on. when i start the car it will bump if no bass is on or up and low volume. but out of the left only.

i posted this before, but i checked my speakers with my home stero and the stero kinda did the same. Would the amp be on protect if one of the speakers is blown?

sorry for the stupid qwestion, but this is my first car sterio.

Bronze Member
Username: Abew330

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 40
maybe your speaker wires are touching... wires probably touched together and fried the right side ch.

Username: Maddlagger

Post Number: 3
yep, i took out the right speaker from the box, all off the connections were good, until inside the speaker it self the wires were touching. works fine now. Thnx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us