Burned up solo baric????

Username: Lenxlws

Maryland USA

Post Number: 1
I had a 12" solo baric being powered by the RF 601S, if hit really hard even when the amp was turned down.......the amp is running really hot and it shut off on me twice then came back on, then about 20min later it burned up my solo baric. The amp iss still working but the subs done....any idea why this happened...i had the sub bridged off the amp????

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 215
My guess is its not your amp it was the sub.All of kickers square subs are unreliable,ill admit they do sound good until they just stop working.I wouldnt buy anything from kicker except maybe some comp vrs.My advice to kicker is to stay with a round sub,ppl see a square sub and think it looks cool so they buy it and then a month later its in the repair shop or the trash.

Maryland USA

Post Number: 2
what about the amp running hot, whats your take on that?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 543
You were prolly clipping the amp pretty hard if it heated up and shut off. Clipping will kill a sub in a heartbeat!

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 544
^^^i ment "sending a sub a clipped signal will kill it"

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 59
You bridged it? what ohms were you running and what is your amp stable at.. it sounds like you had it wired up at too low of a ohm's for a bridged output... sucks man.. probably caused the clipping... i think that amp is 4 ohm stable if it is bridged.?? and 2 ohm stereo..

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 60
i doubt it was that though cuz your amp still works.

Maryland USA

Post Number: 3
its the rf 601s and i think its 4ohm stable and 2 stereo....i got rid of the L5 and brought (2)12" MTX 5500 jack hammers there handling well, but I just burned up my fuse...i don't know what the problem is????

Anonymous

try changing the amp

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1934
What do you have, 5500's or Jack Hammers? Those are two different subs. As for the solarbaric, you definitely clipped it to death. How many watts rms does your amp put out, and how was it wired to the Solar-Baric? Since the amp was shutting down because of overheating, it sounds to me like you had something wired wrong, and the amp couldn't handle the impedence. Either it was wired to 1 ohm, or it was 2 ohms bridged, and the amp wasn't stable.

Maryland USA

Post Number: 4
correction i have the new 7500 sledge hammers, the amp was wired to 2ohms and i think it may have overheated due to a bad ground, i've switched that up and i'll wait to see what happens.......the amp wil give 300rms, 600 bridged these new subs will hold up 1100rms...guess i'll wait till i smell smoke again...any one have input on these new 7500 mtx's???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us