Orion HCCA 225 or PPI art A600.2

Username: Sldonmtns

Ca

Post Number: 1
I just got a pair of CDT EF-61cf components (4 ohm, 150w rms), and I need to power them. I am looking for mainly sound quality, not loudness. I've done a search and read that the orion 225, can power components just fine, but I am still worried because i've read the ef-61cf's are really power hungry. I want save as much money as possible, so i would rather go with the orion.
Thanks for any help.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2248
If you want a bit higher power, then PPI 600.2 will do. However, HCCA 225 is .5ohms stable in stereo mode and is 400w rms minimum.
They're both great amps and give amazing sound quality.

Ca

Post Number: 2
Is there a way to run just one set of components at 1ohm on the hcca 225?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2251
The only way you can do that is to get 2 pairs of 2ohms components and hook them up to HCCA 225.
Is HCCA 225 a G4 model or a digital reference?
G4 comes with crossover controls as well as bass enhancements.

Ca

Post Number: 3
i was looking at either the g4 or the digital references w/ external crosssovers, but because I'll only be running one pair of 4 ohm components, I'll probably go with the a600 instead.

Ca

Post Number: 4
i was looking at either the g4 or the digital references w/ external crosssovers, but because I'll only be running one pair of 4 ohm components, I'll probably go with the a600 instead.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2175
for that set-up I would deff go PPI a600 but that isnt saying anything bad against the Orion I own a a600.2 and an HCCA 250g4 so I love them both.

skyliner17
Unregistered guest
i would go with the PPI a600 too myself since your just powering components. orion amps are too big and take up too much space.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us