Install Question for Big 3 upgrade...for Isaac.??????

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 457
I wanna upgrade the big 3 but does anyone know if there are places where i can have this done??? Like any audio shops or anyplace that whould upgrade my big 3 under the hood. alternator,battery,ground..etc.. What gauge do i wanna use for this upgrade if im running a total current draw of 800 rms. My stock alternator is 80 amp and i will be using a batcap in place of the a cap or two. The wiring will be knukonceptz and same for the distribution block that isaac mentioned from knukonceptz.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 532
Prolly just a bout any audio shop will do it. Go with at least 4ga or bigger.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 533
Prolly just a bout any audio shop will do it. Go with at least 4ga or bigger.

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
I will have to check them out. I deal with myer emco and tweeter locally and 2 other shops in the area. So 4 gauge or bigger..ok thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2246
MO, it's not that hard. Search the google for your car model and download the service manual in pdf. Then look at the alterntor, ground, and battery wires. It will clearly list their locations.
If you have the tools and manual time, then doing it yourself is the best and most satisfying.
However, if you have the money to burn, then hire a professional.

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
issac i had no luck searching it on google and yahoo. i searched my cars model and year but no luck bud. Nothing with a manuel came up. What else can i do.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2252
Have you tried eBay then? They sell the pdf manuels for $10 or less. I know it sounds hard trying to upgrade but once you see the picture, it's as simple as pulling out the wire and replacing it.
Not only that, it has detailed information on the whole car, including repair procedures. These are the manuals the car mechanics pay $1200 or more for.
Sometimes when you search, they may not have one for your year, but cars rarely change each year so older models will still work. Same thing happened to mine. No manuals for 2000 model, but they had one for 1997.

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
Nothing came when searched ebay also..sux

Gold Member

Post Number: 2254
What car do you have?

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
97 toyota camry

Gold Member

Post Number: 2258
Try this website:
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=RG001&UserAction=processMake&Pa rameters=052
If the above link doesn't work, then go to autozone.com and search there for your car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 473
it only shoes the toyota corrola???? i guess they dont have camry

Gold Member

Post Number: 2262
They have Camry, just select 1996.

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 80
Or if that doesnt work...you can try this page. scroll down and find your car. you can buy the book for 12.95.

http://www.partscatalog.com/manualsandbooks.asp

they have other stuff too...

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
Thanks howie and isaac for the help. Im sure its not that hard to do. The alternators on the camry's are placed very high so you dont have to go under the engine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
by the the way marshall. I went to 3 audio shops and they all said they whouldnt upgrade the big 3 and that i should check a mechanic or somthing. I guess they dont wanna be responsible for anything on the car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2280
Or they're very imcompetent mechanics.

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
Yeah i may ask my uncle to do it. he works at lexus where i live and has been a mechanic for years. Im sure he knows what to do. By the way isaac. I finally made up my mind on which subwoofer im gonna use. Im gonna go with the Avalanche 15 and run it off my jl/5001. Just deciding on sealed or ported. James has his sealed and he said it gets really loud and rocks. hes running 600watts and i know that jl 500/1 is underated so i cant wait. Im gonna order it tommorow from www.ascendantaudio.com. You knwo already what componants im running and which amp..so let me knwo what you think. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2286
If you're not heavily into rap, sealed box is great. Mine's also sealed.
According to my RTA, most of the rap has bass around 50Hz - 60Hz. That is good for ported, but for music with 50Hz and below, I find sealed works great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
The thing is im heavily into rap bro and i do crossover to electronica with drum n bass jungle heavy music you know stuff that rumbles. However once in a while ill be in the nine inch nails mood with guitars and some alternative rock or rock.... that is more responsive and faster
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us