What 1000watt amp is best???

dave21
Unregistered guest
what amp would u guys recommend buying that'll produce around 1000 watts? going to power a sub or subs. which amp is the best? please list off some amps and rate them..

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 866
I guess my top 4 picks(present lines) would be Zapco, Arc Audio, JL Audio, and Xtant, probably in about that order. There's probably a few, more esoteric brands out there that might be "better" and others I'm forgetting, but those are 4 fairly well respected manufacturers known for excellent sound and build quality.

http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32

When you get that high in the food chain there's not a whole helluva lot a difference although most would argue that the A/B amps(Zapco and Arc Audio's top of the line stuff) would sound sweeter, but SQ can be pretty subjective. A/B amps aren't as efficient as class D's and require more power to produce the same output however so take your alternator into consideration before purchase.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 121
Do you have a spending limit? if not Fishy is on the ball as always.

ajekaile
Unregistered guest
I am selling my mint cond XTANT 1001 amp and still has warranty from manufacture defects. I'm asking 700.00 obo for it. call me (425) 985-5415 or email unan0@hotmail.com. Believe me you wont be disappointed with this amp. I have posted my sell here with pics if you want to see them, look up XTANT 1001 and thats me.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2206
Try looking at Orion HCCA 275G4, PPI's 1200.2 Art series amp. 2 of the best amps ever made in the past.
They're both over 1000w rms (true power) and they sell for less than current RF/Kicker amps.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2148
yup I agree with Isaac on that one! those amps are both fantastic. Fishy s right up there with his recomendations as well. you really cant go wrong with any of those recomended.

dave21
Unregistered guest
thanks alot guys for your recommendations.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us