Mach 460 problems in my mustang

Username: 99silverstang

Post Number: 1
I need to know if it is possible to install a new head unit in my car but still leave in the factory "mach 460" system. I am unsure if the new head unit will work with the two amps that came in the system.

Does anyone know if this is possible, or will i have to get new everything? I heard something about some type of wiring bypass that might make it work, is this true or no?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

OK in less t... South Korea

Post Number: 620
No, the factory amp will not interface with an after market deck. If you install an after market deck you will have to run new speaker wires to all your speakers.

JKW
Unregistered guest
What is the year, make and model of Mustang?

JKW

Username: 99silverstang

Post Number: 2
My Ford mustang is a 99' with a V6

JKW
Unregistered guest
There is an amp integration kit available for about $30 Canadian or about $25 Americian. This will allow you to use an aftermarket deck with the factory premium system.

JKW

Username: Tbeaver

HERMITAGE, TN USA

WHAT DO I NEED TO INTAGRATE AN AMP AND SUBWOOFERS
TO MY MACH 460 IN MY MUSTANG.

JKW
Unregistered guest
You need a line level convertor. This will tap off of the factory speakers and convert the signal to a pre level. Then you just plug your RCA's for your amp in to the convertor and you are good to go.

JKW

Wingzone99
Unregistered guest
Hi. I have recently had my 5x7 door speakers go bad in my 2000 mustang convertible with the mach 460 sound system. I have tried many different speakers in the door but they all cut in and out with any ample amount of volume OR bass. I have tried Polk Audio 180 watt speakers and Pioneer 240 watt speakers and they both cut out. Can anyone help me figure out why please ?? Thank you.

Unregistered guest
you do realize that the system can be made into a very nice soundng setup. by using the dave navone hi low converter www.autosound2000.com you can tap into the rear amps on the mach 460 setup. the black and white being the pos the green and blk being the neg.these are what you connect to. they are both on the plug facing the front of the car in the upper corner. the other wires in that plug are power ground. the other side of the amps are 3 wires left right in and the mid wire is the remote turn on.wire in the hi-low converter and add your amp and sub. thats it!

now the bad part. the amps are setup as front and rear mono not left and right.also crossed over via the headunit low pass. the smaller speakers (mids/highs) are run and crossed at the headunit this poses a problem only if you are adding an aftermarket deck. if you are then leaving the front and rear 5x7 as mono is fine to do as radioshack has stereo to mono adapters that will work for this.connect them to the front and rear outputs of your new deck and into the harness below

www.partsexpress.com has a mach460 integrator harness that will allow you to use the factory amps with your aftermarket deck. goodluck!

note-- this is using a 2001 mach system with the factory cd-6. as there is no amp under the front on these cars. only on 2000 down.the front amp powered the small speakers inwhich 2001-up uses the headunit to power them now.

Unregistered guest
PLEASE HELP!!
I have a 2001 mustang conv. GT with the mach 460 sound system. I have hooked up a sub and amp to the factory head unit. I spliced the line level converter into the speaker wires between the rear mid range speakers and the factory amps to get the signal to my amp. My problem is that I am getting a signal to my amp but it is so weak that the sub is barely driving. I've tried many things to fix this and have had no luck. I used the blue/white stripe wire on the head unit for the remote switch for the amp that all works fine. My last attempt is going to be to try and grab the signal further up the line before it runs through the factory amp, but I have no idea what color wires are for the rear speakers. Could someone please shed some light on the situation for me? Thanks

Unregistered guest
Help! My mach 460 radio now states "BAD" when I turn the power on to it. It happened all of a sudden and I am baffled. Anyone out there who can shed some light on this? Thank you!

Wan Leung
Unregistered guest
Bonita, your head unit is bad. You would have to replace it.

Unregistered guest
HELLO I HAVE A 2000 MUSTANG GT WITH THE MACH 460 SYSTEM AND MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE UP-GREADED THE HEAD UNIT, AND ADDED SUBS AND AMPS TO MY SYSTEM. MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE FRONT MACH SPEAKERS ON THE TOP OF THE DOORS SOUND BAD AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN TAKE THEM OFF SO I CAN REPLACE THEM WITH BETTER ONES. MY THOUGHT IS THAT IF I CAN TAKE THE FRONT COVER OFF TAKE THE SPEAKER OF AND PUT NEW TWEETERS THEN PUT BACK THE COVER. IF ANYONE KNOWS IF IT CAN BE DONE, PLEASE HELP ME OUT. THANX,
JOE
MARBANJ@AOL.COM

Unregistered guest
i have an 2003 mustang cobra, will i have the same problem, or is there something i can do. I have 3 10s that i want to power and then the dvd/nav that i am puttin in as a head unit. what do i need to use?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 282
Would you guys read that the others have posted? You need the wiring harness and a hi to low converter. Good god!

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a 2000 mustang 3.8L, my problem is that my drivers side tweeter and speaker do not work properly i can here the bass but there is no words coming out of it.All the other speakers back and the passenger side tweeter and speaker work fine. I tried replacing the amps but it did nothing. If any one could help it would be greatfully appreciated because I have tried everything!

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 334
Probably a bad wire.

Username: Ean2003

i have the mach 1000 and am now receiving a CD ERR message it started while trying to eject a CD I believe i have a jammed CD does anyone have a solution to this problem or is it a trip to the dealer.

Unregistered guest
Where can I find a remote wire to run an additional amp in 1999 Mustang Mach 460 system? What is the color code? And can it be spliced into?

hawnguy
Unregistered guest
I was wondering if anyone knows what the impendance is on the mach 460

hawnguy
Unregistered guest
i was wondering if any one knows what the impedance is on the mach 460 system

shelly
Unregistered guest
I have a 2001 mustang convertible. I recently replaced the cd changer part of the Mach 460 radio and now both the cd and the radio will play fine for a minute or two but then it starts going on and off but the memory doesn;t cut off. THis is really irritating does anyone have any suggestions to fix this or do I have something bad in the head unit itself. Oh yea I checked the dirct power and there is not a short in it.

shelly
Unregistered guest
I have a 2001 mustang convertible. I recently replaced the cd changer part of the Mach 460 radio and now both the cd and the radio will play fine for a minute or two but then it starts going on and off but the memory doesn;t cut off. THis is really irritating does anyone have any suggestions to fix this or do I have something bad in the head unit itself. Oh yea I checked the dirct power and there is not a short in it.

1NICEMUSTANG
Unregistered guest
(QUOTE)PLEASE HELP!!
I have a 2001 mustang conv. GT with the mach 460 sound system. I have hooked up a sub and amp to the factory head unit. I spliced the line level converter into the speaker wires between the rear mid range speakers and the factory amps to get the signal to my amp. My problem is that I am getting a signal to my amp but it is so weak that the sub is barely driving. I've tried many things to fix this and have had no luck. I used the blue/white stripe wire on the head unit for the remote switch for the amp that all works fine. My last attempt is going to be to try and grab the signal further up the line before it runs through the factory amp, but I have no idea what color wires are for the rear speakers. Could someone please shed some light on the situation for me? Thanks

YOU NEED TO USE THE BLK/GREEN AND WHT/BLK WIRES IN THE HARNESS ON FRONT OF THE AMPS. THIS GIVES YOU NEG AND POS OUTPUTS THAT ARE AMPLIFED TO BE USED WITH AFTERMARKET AMPLIFIERS.

1nicemustang
Unregistered guest
(quote) HELLO I HAVE A 2000 MUSTANG GT WITH THE MACH 460 SYSTEM AND MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE UP-GREADED THE HEAD UNIT, AND ADDED SUBS AND AMPS TO MY SYSTEM. MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE FRONT MACH SPEAKERS ON THE TOP OF THE DOORS SOUND BAD AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN TAKE THEM OFF SO I CAN REPLACE THEM WITH BETTER ONES. MY THOUGHT IS THAT IF I CAN TAKE THE FRONT COVER OFF TAKE THE SPEAKER OF AND PUT NEW TWEETERS THEN PUT BACK THE COVER. IF ANYONE KNOWS IF IT CAN BE DONE, PLEASE HELP ME OUT. THANX,
JOE
THE COVERS PULL OFF THE REVEAL THE SMALLER SPEAKER BEHIND IT. THEY CANNOT HANDLE LOWER FREQUENCIES PUT OUT BY NEWER HEADUNITS SO REPLACING THEM WITH TWEETERS WOULD BE BEST

1NICEMUSTANG
Unregistered guest
(QUOTE) was wondering if anyone knows what the impendance is on the mach 460

4 OHM FOR THE SINGLE SPEAKERS 5X7'S RUN 2OHM MONO

Unregistered guest
I have a 2004 GT Mustang with the MACH460 sound system in it. I want to activate the satellite part of it, but I keep running into road blocks in getting the hook-up for it..Does anybody know where I can purchase this part to have it installed by other than a stereo shop?
Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a 1994 Ford Mustang with a Mach 460 sound system. When the car is running and the radio on, I can hear a motor boat type sound coming out of my back speakers. The sound increase as I increase my speed. Could you tell me what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Joe

THIS SUCKS
Unregistered guest
I have just installed two 12" subs & an amp into my 2002 Mustang GT...It sounds great...Until I give my car gas & release my clutch then the amp and subs give out...What could be the cause of this?

THIS SUCKS
Unregistered guest
I have just installed two 12" subs & an amp into my 2002 Mustang GT...It sounds great...Until I give my car gas & release my clutch then the amp and subs give out...What could be the cause of this?

Username: Neverpanic

Texas

I've a Mach 460 in a '00 Mustang. Problem is it keeps blowing a fuse. Radio still turns on, but no sound. Any idea on this problem ?

Username: Ryab_500

Post Number: 3
I've got a 2000 ford mustang GT with the mach 460, i just bought it and its got an alpine cda-7892, i was wondering if the amps would come out of my receiver in two outputs or are there 2 speakers that are unamped making it use all three outputs, because if it only uses two i want to hook up a third amp and subwoofer.

WLJohnson05
Unregistered guest
I have a 2004 mustang with the mach sound system and i have an aftermarket deck, two subs and an amp that i want to put in along with the mach system. what things do i need to make it work??? and where can i get them??

bigwillie0193
Unregistered guest
Is there a fuse running the 2 rear amps on my mach 460 sound system? It a 01 GT and I seem to have lost my power to the amps or something. I still have sound, but there is no bass coming like there was. Help me please this is driving me crazy.

bigwillie0193
Unregistered guest
Is there a fuse running the 2 rear amps and where the heck is it. I have lost power to the amps it seems. Still have sound but I dont think the amps are running cause there is no bass? Can anyone help? its a 01 gt.

Unregistered guest
I have a similar problem to bigwillie0193. I just bought a 99 GT with the Mach 460 and I don't have any bass. It sounds like I'm testing a really good sound system that has the sub channel unhooked to sound check the high side. Everything works, cd, fm, but no bass. I pulled the head unit and cd and checked the connections hoping, no luck. I have been through both fuse blocks, and wonder if there is a special Mach 460 fuse somewhere. I don't want to upgrade unless it is for the Mach 1000 or a replacement Mach 460, trying to stay stock here. Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.

bigwillie0193
Unregistered guest
i dont think we are going to get any help here BrunoFalcone. we are on our own. Have you found any info? Ive been lookin but havent found anything yet.

Anonymous

The best way to salve this is stop buying the mustang with the 460 system

bigwillie019
Unregistered guest
i dont think so ...........

Username: Mmmmel

I can't get a damm cd out of my changer.i get that damm CD ERR message.I see someone else had posted the same issue with no response ..can someone help us out...

Username: Mmmmel

Post Number: 2
can i get some help on my question please????

Erock
Unregistered guest
Hey there.

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not there is a preamp level signal coming into the sub amps of the Mach 460, or is it amplified-->deamplified-->reamplified in the amps? I have a PPI A404 that I'd like to run a Kicker 10 off of, but would like to avoid line-level converters.

If the signal leads into the rear sub amp could be spliced into RCA's (cutting the RCA cables... I'm brave), which wires would I need to use? I only need one channel, positive (RCA Center) and negative (RCA Shield). Color codes would be great.
Bear in mind I don't want to use speaker level output or line-level converters.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

EROCK....

Erock
Unregistered guest
Anyone trying to replace their Mach460 head unit while keeping the stock amps/speaks, check the link out below:

http://www.stangnet.com/Tech-Articles/Replacing-Your-2001-Mach-460-Head-Unit.htm l

Very informative. Hope it helps.

EROCK....

Unregistered guest
hey i have a 01 v6 mustang and my sounds system is all stock except the 2 15's i have in my trunk.i was wounderin if yall could help me and let me know how to hook it up and wuts and good amp to get and how many watts do i need...

the 15's are 4 ohm if that makes a diff in hookin it up?thanx

Username: Jackal1999

Houston, Tx

I have a 99 mustang GT with the mach 460 system, the problem is I can't get any bass out of my speakers,radio and everything works fine, are the amps bad? I checked panel fuse is good, I replaced the head units twice one factory and the other aftermarket, and still nothing, Please help! Thanks,

Kcamilleri
Unregistered guest
New to this..I bought a 94 conv with a 460 Mach system. The car had an aftermarket radio and I wanted to bring the system back to its original status. When I opened the dash I found that most of the original harness wires had been cut and "speaker" wires were run all over, even the left speaker wires were cut and spliced. That was easy to repair. I am having a hard time finding a wiring schematic to figure out whats what on the original harness. Can someone direct me to a place to get the info I need to bring the system back to life.

Kcamilleri
Unregistered guest
New to this..I bought a 94 conv with a 460 Mach system. The car had an aftermarket radio and I wanted to bring the system back to its original status. When I opened the dash I found that most of the original harness wires had been cut and "speaker" wires were run all over, even the left speaker wires were cut and spliced. That was easy to repair. I am having a hard time finding a wiring schematic to figure out whats what on the original harness. Can someone direct me to a place to get the info I need to bring the system back to life.

dibi mapengo
Unregistered guest
I got mach 460 rear speaker&rear 2amp and l want to fit tham on mazda protage 1997 l need halp how to run the wires,l got rear wimustang which take from.bye god bless you.re haness for

Unregistered guest
I have a 1994 Mustang convertible with the Mach 460 Sound System. There is an intermittent interference in radio and CD which changes with engine speed. Would adding a noise supppressor help? If so which one and how would it be connected?

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us