Wiring amps

Username: Nobletatom

Post Number: 2
I dont know if any of you guys watch p imp my ride, but on the latest one, they hook up 3 amps to one woofer. My question is, how could they acomplish that? I know wiring to amps but i didnt think this was possible. and why cant you say the word p-i-m-p on the forum?

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 151
they probally dont hook up all the amps to the sub, one of the amps might go to speakers and another one could go to the tweeters, and the last one to the sub.

Post Number: 3
no he was talking about how 3 amps went to one woofer.

Beto
Unregistered guest
Yeah that's crazy on the last one I saw they hooked up 9 amps and there was only 3 10" woofers What the? How did they do that.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 792
Maybe the subs had 3 voice coils?

What amps/subs were they using? I know you can strap some amps together to one load, but wasn't aware that was possible with 3.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 793
In fact I know its not. If there WERE 3 amps connected to one sub it must have had 3 voice coils.

-Fishy

Anonymous

They had 9 mtx 300 watt amps hooked up to 3 mtx 10" subs the funny thing is that they claimed that each amp put out 1,000 watts which is completely untrue. They lie alot on that show about the stuff they put in the cars.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2121
That's why it's a tv show. If those guys were any good, they'd know that it's not wise to power VC separately. That is a good way of destroying subs. Notice how it's always some cheap subs, not RE X.X.X. or JL's 10W7-3. No sane person would risk them.

Post Number: 4
well they use those products because that is what is given to them by the companys for advertisement. it would be cool if they got some IDMAX, X.X.X or W7s given to them. maybe some day they will.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us