4ch. amps galore

Username: Beowolf215

Usa

Post Number: 4
i have 4 very good speakers being powered by a good 4 ch amp. the amp is on its way out now. i need a decent 4 ch amp, at least 40w X 4rms, thats not too much $,and handles heat well(by necessity, it's mounted in my trunk)i keep coming across the same brands(that i've never heard of). lanzar,pyramid,boss,power acoustik,phoenix digital, etc. are any of these not crap? any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 126
i know your not looking to spend much but i have a top of the line Zapco amp for sale... 4x75rms brand new in box. This amp will give your speakers the cleanest sound possible.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2095
Most of the brands you mentioned above are garbage. Don't forget Sony. It's right at the bottom with Pyramid.
If you can afford TraGedy's amp, then go for it. You'll get one of the best sound possible.

Silver Member

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 129
thanks for looking out issac.. =)

Usa

Post Number: 5
hey traGedy, how much for the amp. also, general question. i am powering very good pioneer speakers. fronts are rated to 220w peak, backs to 280 peak. i know that power ratings are ethereal at best, but my general guideline has always been that speakers can handle 1/3 of their peak, continuously. is this a fair assessment?

Silver Member

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 130
Retail is $1149..
online the cheapest you can find is $759.

I can get it to you for about $700 shipped (money order only) $725 with paypal depending on where you live. This was purchased through an authorized zapco dealer and its still shrink wrapped in the box. If your interested let me know ill forward pictures.. you wont find a better amp. I will also include a 12' Symbolink cable.. retail is about $40.

Silver Member

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 131
You wont find a price cheaper than that anywhere (even ebay) for a brand new c2k.

You find a price cheaper than that including shipping and cable and ill match it.

Dont delay to long if your interested.
I know its pricy but you get what you pay for and believe me you wont be upgrading this amp for anything else. Period.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2098
Richard 220/280 peak power sounds like it's 50w-70w rms. Pioneers do not make great speakers anyways, just average at best.
The amp TraGedy is trying to sell is a very high quality product. Think of it as a BMW/Porsche/Ferrari caliber in car comparison. The only problem is, almost every cheap manufacturers (Sony/Pyramid/Pyle/Lanzar etc) will paint their product in similar paint and design and say it is BMW/Porsche/Ferrari. Unlike car buyers, lot of people fall for them in car audio. This is why Pyramid and Sony make lot of money at the expense of newbies.
So if you want to buy a great product one and probably never upgrade again, then try Zapco. If not I am sure you will later purchase more amps. It's a cycle that everyone goes through, even me. I'm all done with my amp shopping though.

Usa

Post Number: 6
hey guys, thanks. you are always a big help. tragedy, i'm sure that's a freat price, for a superior amp, but it's just way out of my price range($200-$300), i didn't spend $700 on my commuter car.also,isaac i get what your saying about pioneer speakers, they are not top of the line, but i also feel that speakers are a very subjective thing, what sounds good to one persons ear, doesn't to another.i've been in the the room with a friend, buying high end home speakers,and the 4 guys in the room, liked 4 different speakers, money not a factor. so while i know the performance numbers make pioneer speakers mediocre, i've always liked their sound reproduction, to my ear.i also, have found them to be very durable.i'm not arguing, and i do accept the fact that you guys make me feel like a moron, on this stuff, i'm just stating my perception.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us