What amp to use and why.

J3
Unregistered guest
ok im new at the car stereo thing and i really want 2 of the new kicker 12 inch L7s. these are 750 watt rms and 1500 watt max each. although they are 4 ohm. what amp do any of you think would sufficiently powere these bad boys? or better yet, what amp specifications would work best? any examples and/or help would greatly be appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Abew330

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 17
sealed enclosure, 4ga. anl fuses get a 3farad cap, amp: mtx, fosgate etc.. my friend has a 988watt power acoustik amp.. pushes really good.. but i still think my mtx15's hit better and my punch 60ix

J3
Unregistered guest
would the sealed enclosure sound better or ported? and would a kicker kx1200.1 be good for these two subs?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2143
That amp will do well for your configuration. Sealed box is better for sound quality, ported is better at SPL.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 209
Ideally you would want an amp that could put out 1500 watts at 1 ohm, if you weren't afraid to try it, could be risky. I would say hifonics, but there have been some issues with that, so look for a good amp that puts out about 1500 watts. the kicker would be a good amp for a ported enclosure cause they are underrated and it takes less power, the bigger the box.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1804
id say the hifonics brutus 1500d for cheap purposes, also, why in the hell would he get a 3 farad cap

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 213
isn't it like 1 farad per 1000 watts roughly? definately not 3 farad.

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 166
well if hes looking to push 1500rms at 1ohm a cap aint going to help if his electrical system can keep up with the current draw.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 476
exactly, HO alt before a cap. i would say a 1200.1 kicker would be fine. it actually puts out about 1400rms. i would go with a ported box,at least thats what we did for my friends 2 L7 15's. LOW LOW BASS!

J3
Unregistered guest
what amp does your friend use on those two l7 15's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us